Author Topic: New Helmet Contract  (Read 3111 times)

Offline acen

• Rate Post
New Helmet Contract
« on: November 23, 2015, 09:37:59 »
In a bit of a surprise, the new helmet contract won't be going to Revision, nor will it have a built in NVG mount, but it will have a 23% reduction in weight. It seems to retain the existing strap used on the CG634 and have a slightly different profile than the CG634 (though very similar to the American ACH).

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/11/20/morgan-advanced-materials-awarded-combat-helmet-contract-by-canadas-department-of-national-defence/

Anyone involved in the trials for it?

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: New Helmet Contract
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 12:41:08 »
25 years from now we'll see them. Replacement by attrition and all that.

Offline ArmyRick

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • What the????
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 14:12:50 »
Went on the link and that thing looks cumbersome. Is it me? It looks like if I go prone, the helmet is gonna get shoved down onto my face. I was hoping they would go with lighter and more "balanced" design.
I might get that after my new CADPAT uniform I was told I was getting (2011).
I am NOT a privileged white man by virtue of being male or white. I am privileged because I am alive and exercising my right to be who I am!

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 14:57:06 »
Let us hope they don't surplus all the old helmets and then cancel the contract or suffer a delay due to unforeseen lawsuits, etc. In fact push the older helmets to Reserves and to units that will only use them in training or a few times a year. Better an older helmet than none at all.