Author Topic: VAC wait times  (Read 119508 times)

Offline Teager

• Rate Post
    • Canada For Victory
Re: VAC wait times
« Reply #325 on: June 22, 2019, 13:39:03 »
It's odd that the wait time tool is so out of whack considering they are updating it weekly. Really makes you wonder how they get there info every week?

Offline kalobis

• Rate Post
« Reply #326 on: June 23, 2019, 14:13:18 »
I would like to know how they calculate it because there is no way it is remotely accurate.

I have an initial claim that has been on Stage 3 for close to 60 weeks.

The wait time tool says the average is 20, sure VAC, sure.

Offline Kokanee

• Rate Post
« Reply #327 on: June 24, 2019, 10:46:26 »
It's odd that the wait time tool is so out of whack considering they are updating it weekly. Really makes you wonder how they get there info every week?

Better yet, what otherwise unemployable VAC employee has been given this as a full time task? ;)
Retired EW 291

Offline Declajaz

• Rate Post
« Reply #328 on: June 24, 2019, 11:49:43 »
On the bright side, I just got off the phone with VA and they said that if your file is older than the oldest claim they are working on (sounds impossible?) then they will escalate it. So for reassessments the oldest claim they are working on is June 2018. If your file is from before June 2018 (at step 3 mind you, not submitted) then they will investigate.
In other words if they completely forgot about you and skipped you then they will look into it.
I'm not upset about the wait on my claims (frustrated but not angry )because I do not need them to live, but I understand the level of anger from those who are counting on being looked after by their government in order to have some semblance of a normal life. I have family members who served that are in that boat right now. The level of miscare I see one of them receive ( a retired CPO2 no less) is staggering.

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #329 on: June 25, 2019, 00:21:24 »
At this point my file is a little under 69 weeks old, or 1 year 4 months, and I have been at stage 3 since Oct or about 8 months. I think my shortest ever was like 13 months, in 2016. I can't see how the wait tool time can be anything but a lie. Just think how fast they would have to clear some of the files to account for file like mine that are close to 16 month long. I also can't see how they can have average times much, much lower than I am waiting yet claiming they deal with files sequentially.

Offline Douglas1

• Rate Post
« Reply #330 on: June 25, 2019, 07:17:54 »
And after the lengthy wait, the claim will probably be denied, then another three years for departmental reviews, reconsiderations and then appeals, on and on it goes with no definitive end date. 

Online NavyShooter

Boaty McBoatface!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Death from a Bar.....one shot, one Tequilla
« Reply #331 on: June 25, 2019, 07:54:28 »
I submitted my first claim for hearing loss last evening.  Included the report from my med docs that shows the measured specific frequency range loss that exactly corresponds with the frequency range of our ship's Active SONAR systems - which I maintained for 26 years.

We'll see how long it takes...I suspect...a long time based on this thread.
Insert disclaimer statement here....

:panzer:

Offline kev994

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #332 on: June 25, 2019, 08:15:58 »
My hearing loss and tinnitus claims have both been sitting at stage 3 since Oct 2018. So 14 weeks?

Offline Douglas1

• Rate Post
« Reply #333 on: June 25, 2019, 09:30:37 »
My claim has been at Stage 3 since January 2018, and no end in sight.

Offline kalobis

• Rate Post
« Reply #334 on: June 29, 2019, 19:15:03 »
Apparently they are up to December of 2017, so your claim shouldn't be much longer.

Offline Bin Rat MWO

• Rate Post
« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2019, 16:22:31 »
And at the end you can add another 6 weeks wait time should you choose lump sum pay out because apparently that is the average time for a direct deposit of funds. 

Offline kalobis

• Rate Post
« Reply #336 on: July 03, 2019, 18:13:15 »
Well, I can only speak for myself but I have no problem waiting six weeks for payment once I know what they decide. After 60 weeks with absolutely no indication of if/when it will be resolved and what % it will be, six weeks doesn't seem so bad.

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2019, 19:00:20 »
Well, I can only speak for myself but I have no problem waiting six weeks for payment once I know what they decide. After 60 weeks with absolutely no indication of if/when it will be resolved and what % it will be, six weeks doesn't seem so bad.

That's kind of sad. Waiting six extra weeks once they have decided is crap. It isn't like they need to free up money, like you or I would if we had a big expense. But because the initial wait is so terrible, we feel like it isn't that big of a deal.

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #338 on: July 03, 2019, 19:17:57 »
Is this something new? I usually had a deposit within a week after submitting the form.

Offline Douglas1

• Rate Post
« Reply #339 on: July 04, 2019, 07:38:53 »
My claim has been at Stage 3 since January 2018, and still no end in sight. By Canadian Press, Average vet faces 32-week wait for benefits decision, double government target.  Somebody should contact The Canadian Press and set the record straight, it takes an average 64 week wait which more than triples the government target. 

Offline Mediman14

• Rate Post
« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2019, 10:35:49 »
As someone had mention before, according to one of the VAC Reprasentive, it does take up to 6 six to receive a lump sum payment. Also, for a new assessment/ new condition, the wait time apparently is 45 weeks. Apparently they are working on initial assessments from April 2017. I understand they may have many more applications compared to previous years, but I can't help wonder how long it takes a person to look thru applications!

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #341 on: July 04, 2019, 11:03:32 »
They told me they're working on initial assessments from november 2018. Can never trust anything a vac rep tells you. How the heck did we land in such situation where reps are lying and giving arbitrary dates just to get vets off the phone.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Offline Mediman14

• Rate Post
« Reply #342 on: July 04, 2019, 11:42:37 »
Menion, Thanking for letting me know about what you was told. I agree with you, it is so sad that people are being lied to. What purpose does it serve? Do they not realize it will only reflect on them?

Offline upandatom

• Rate Post
« Reply #343 on: July 04, 2019, 14:39:18 »
I submitted my first claim for hearing loss last evening.  Included the report from my med docs that shows the measured specific frequency range loss that exactly corresponds with the frequency range of our ship's Active SONAR systems - which I maintained for 26 years.

We'll see how long it takes...I suspect...a long time based on this thread.

Hearing is usually pretty fast.... Mine was 4 weeks in 2016, if your ENT straight up says it is from TI, you should be good to go.
I am McLovin

Offline Tcm621

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #344 on: July 04, 2019, 23:24:49 »
Is this something new? I usually had a deposit within a week after submitting the form.

A buddy of mine just got a claim approved. He elected for a lump sum but they told him he has to sign a form. So he signs the form and uploads it to his MYVac account. He was told at that point he has to wait 6 weeks. According to VAC, it has to be signed by 3 people and sent to the bank, who needs to vet it and then set up the fund transfer.

Offline kalobis

• Rate Post
« Reply #345 on: July 05, 2019, 14:04:52 »
Some stuff takes a while. I had another child and it took more than five months to have him added to my monthly pension payment.

Offline DannyMcGun

• Rate Post
« Reply #346 on: July 05, 2019, 14:45:00 »

I can confirm that it took over 4 weeks to recieve the lump sum form by mail(yes by snail mail)  after I requested it from VAC ...and upon uploading it to my Vac account after signing it, (it takes days before they get it as it goes through their web security), THEN it’s 6 weeks from when the VAC unit assigned begins work on it (massive backlog according to them) because apparently most of us are taking a lump sum over their Pain&Suffering for Life ....and thus they put it on us that it’s our fault instead of taking responsibility and doing something to resolve it.  In speaking with the Veterans Ombudsman Office, this 6 weeks after they receive the lump sum form, is temporary as they work through the backlog. I was told it shouldn’t increase past 6 weeks. But we’ve been told many times that timings will be temporary, until they kept adding weeks and weeks to processing. I hope for everyone that their claims and payments are processed quickly and with as little pain as possible. I’m not a defeatist just a realist. Keep plugging at it and fight for what is fair and just.

CHIMO 

Offline calgary_Bill

• Rate Post
« Reply #347 on: July 09, 2019, 17:33:04 »
Was told today that as of 8 July, Adjudication for reassessments was working on claims dated July 2018.  I had a claim approved over seven months ago, but additional medical information was required to complete the reassessment.  This required info was sent in January 2019. At this rate, I expect to get this completed in about 6-7 months.  On a more positive note, a request for VIP was approved in about two weeks after I had seen a VA Doc. At the outset of this process, I was told by the BPA folks, who are excellent, to be patient, so I guess it will work out in the end.

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
« Reply #348 on: July 09, 2019, 18:19:04 »
Claim sat in stage 1 for 6 months and now is suspended as a more current diagnosis is needed. Made appointment with doc next week but this feels like it will take more than a year and a half to process.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Offline Declajaz

• Rate Post
« Reply #349 on: July 11, 2019, 08:14:33 »
Called VAC yesterday and they cannot give much more information on reassessments than you can see on the APP other than the oldest file they are working on. 
They did however state that my file for my reassesment and my first time claim for an injury related to one I was already awarded has gone through med review back in may and has for all intents and purposes been finished since may 31st. They are just waiting on writing the letters. I asked why this would take 6 weeks plus if the files are done and I was told that department has a big back log and could be another few weeks before they even get to my file to write my letters.
So even after a file is finished another section of the department has to handle it ri write out the results.