Author Topic: Is any of this legal for purchase?  (Read 3698 times)

Offline bigsmoke636

• Rate Post
Is any of this legal for purchase?
« on: August 08, 2014, 02:44:02 »
So I was on Kijiji looking for Air-soft stuff and I wanted a sling, while looking for one I came across this --> http://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/kingston-on/military-kit/1006538829?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true <---- Now I saw this person has two slings and other things like mag pouches and a utility one too (which I will want/need) Also I like the look of the cad-pat (jacket) and I heard it's illegal for a civy/civilian to wear it in public (is it as well in Air-soft fields). So what I want to know is what in all of this is Illegal for a civy to own and what is not as-well can I have it used in public on my person. 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:57:12 by bigsmoke636 »
"the sounds of artillery is not what scares me, it's the silence that does." - WW2 veteran.

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Is any of this legal for purchase?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 05:39:44 »
Civi model Cadpat as I call it is widely available now online, the jacket as you call it appears to have button breast pockets, but looks too heavy to be a tunic. My guess is that its just a civi cadpat airsoft jacket. While owning military issue cadpat is technically illegal because its by that point stolen property anything bought from places like CPgear is not made to the same standard as our issued CadPat
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline Lightguns

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I live for trout and deer
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 06:38:57 »
Slight correction, the private purchase and sale of CADPAT IN Canadian military pattern clothing and equipment is illegal.  CADPAT cloth fashion into other clothing and equipment is legal otherwise CP GEAR and DROPZONE TACTICAL would be useless kit.  In this instance the shirt in the ad is the only piece kit to worry about.  If he has an extra you can bet someone in his former unit is short one.
Done, 34 years, 43 days complete, got's me damn pension!

Offline bigsmoke636

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 10:20:33 »
@MilEME09 @Lightguns Thanks for the information.
"the sounds of artillery is not what scares me, it's the silence that does." - WW2 veteran.