Author Topic: Wanted: 1000 x new rucksacks for (at least some of) CF  (Read 20131 times)

Offline ArmyDoc

• Rate Post
Re: Wanted: 1000 x new rucksacks for (at least some of) CF
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 23:40:32 »
At this point I feel like making the RCMP wear red serge and riding boots year round, I think some pillbox hats will be nice to.
I believe that RMC and Emirates Airlines have cornered the global supply of pillbox hats. If the RCMP want some, they'll need a contact through PWGSC with the usual appropriate regional benefits.   ;D

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 06:15:36 »
I believe that RMC, Porter Airlines and Emirates Airlines have cornered the global supply of pillbox hats ....
FTFY
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 08:56:21 »
Well, I can understand why you don't want purchases discussed in the original Merx thread; this one is ready for Radio Chatter....

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 15:23:50 »
this is semi related and was posted on Canadian Defense Review

Canadian FELLFAB Partners on Load Carriage Systems

FELLFAB President Eric Taylor and Granite Gear, LLC CEO Bryan Kinsley jointly announced that a strategic alliance has been set in place between the two companies. Granite Gear, LLC of Two Harbors, Minnesota, has granted FELLFAB, based out of Hamilton, Ontario, the sole licence to make, manufacture and sell their Load Carriage Systems in Canada.

These products will be jointly designed and developed by both companies for Canadian Military applications and the tactical class of trade in Canada by means of sharing technologies. Within the agreement, FELLFAB® has been appointed the exclusive representative and dealer for Granite Gear, LLC in Canada.

By combining FELLFAB®’s manufacturing scale, engineering excellence and project management expertise with Granite Gear’s award winning, cutting-edge excellence in design and construction of backpacks and tactical equipment, the parties believe that they can offer the customer a high quality, Canadian made product to meet their evolving equipment needs, on a scale not previously possible.
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline Lightguns

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I live for trout and deer
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 16:03:39 »
Granite Gear.  Mid priced, not a big tactical player but not Xui Pao's Airsoft Sewing Cooperative.
Done, 34 years, 43 days complete, got's me damn pension!

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 20:51:09 »
.. Really getting into the whole retro thing? Seems to be "in" right now!

I was thinking more as a punishment for some of the organizational asshattery going on within the org. Red serge on summer duty every day and pillbox hat in the winter should do it.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 22:31:58 »
Well, now we know where we're going to get all of our load carriage gear from. FELLFAB making Granite Gear products.