Author Topic: DEO - Regular Force - General Questions  (Read 226962 times)

Offline csers

• Rate Post
Re: DEO - Regular Force - General Questions
« Reply #450 on: January 12, 2017, 11:23:58 »
Ah... thanks for the additional info  :christmas happy: Unlike the OP, I don't know if my file has even been reviewed yet so it's totally a waiting game for me :p :cold:
Recruiting Centre: CFRC Victoria
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: DEO Officer
Trade Choice 1: Legal
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: 10 Oct 2016
CFAT: 1 Nov 2016
Interview:
Medical Exam:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Swearing in:
BMOQ:

Offline TheGallant

• Rate Post
« Reply #451 on: January 26, 2017, 11:48:02 »
I am also playing the waiting game. My understanding is that there will be another round of interviews in March.

Anecdotally, wait times vary widely for the application to interview process. I initially applied in January 2014, and interviewed within 6 months.
This time around I applied in July 2015... so I am at 18 months and counting. I find it difficult to be patient, but it appears to be the experience across trades in the recruiting process.
Recruiting Centre: Edmonton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice: Legal Officer
Applied: 15 July 2015
First Contact: 08 September 2015
CFAT: 10 June 2014
Medical: 09 December 2016
Interview: 09 December 2016
OJAG Interview: 20 April 2017
Competition List: 11 May 2017
Position Offered: 21 June 2017
Enrolment/Swearing in: 4 January 2018
BMOQ: 15 January 2018

Offline csers

• Rate Post
« Reply #452 on: January 30, 2017, 18:18:21 »
Do you mind sharing what happened the first time? I thought they'd keep your file open for 2 years even if you weren't successful...

I did my CFAT at the beginning of November but my paperwork wasn't all in until just before Christmas (had to wait for my certificate from the law society). I haven't done the medical or an interview yet, so I'm just waiting.

I was in a while ago (as MARS) but I'm not sure how competitive I am now so I'm not holding my breath :p
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Interview:
Medical Exam:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Swearing in:
BMOQ:

Offline TheGallant

• Rate Post
« Reply #453 on: January 31, 2017, 13:51:13 »
I was unsuccessful at the interview stage in Ottawa. Subsequent to that, I was informed by the recruiting centre that I would be required to wait a year before re-applying, which I did in July 2015. Maybe I misunderstood, but as far as I know my file was closed or at least in abeyance for a year.

I have just tried to stay in contact with someone in recruitment regularly. If I don't hear anything, I usually will send an email to see where things are every 4 weeks or so. Sometimes I am told to wait, but other times I get info on where things are or on what I should be doing. I mean, it's been 18 months so I don't know if it has been helpful for my process, but I prefer that to not doing or knowing anything.
Recruiting Centre: Edmonton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice: Legal Officer
Applied: 15 July 2015
First Contact: 08 September 2015
CFAT: 10 June 2014
Medical: 09 December 2016
Interview: 09 December 2016
OJAG Interview: 20 April 2017
Competition List: 11 May 2017
Position Offered: 21 June 2017
Enrolment/Swearing in: 4 January 2018
BMOQ: 15 January 2018

Offline csers

• Rate Post
« Reply #454 on: January 31, 2017, 20:34:24 »
Ah... I have no idea what to expect from the interview, though I expect that it must be a little nerve-wrecking. :o

I guess I'll bide my time and relax unless they actually contact me  [:)

(I really want to ask you everything about it but I don't want to be too pushy!  [:-[ [:D )
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Interview:
Medical Exam:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Swearing in:
BMOQ:

Offline csers

• Rate Post
« Reply #455 on: February 28, 2017, 14:21:19 »
I asked about the status of my file. I was advised that there will be another JAG board late April/ early May (tbd) and that emails for those candidates invited to interview will go out after Easter.

Based on another thread on this board, that should mean BMOQ no earlier than 28 August...
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Interview:
Medical Exam:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Swearing in:
BMOQ:

Offline gronkpatriot

• Rate Post
« Reply #456 on: February 28, 2017, 16:22:52 »
Hello all, I recently passed my medical and am now waiting to hear back in regard to my BMOQ date. My trades selected are aerospace control officer and intel. My question is this: I've heard from a few sources that the training for aerospace control officers is insanely hard. A few have said that the failure rate ranges from 70-90 percent. While I have every intention of giving this absolutely everything I have, I'm just curious if anyone can weigh in on there opinion of these failover rates. If anything it might help put my mind at ease 🙂. Thank you for any responses and any advice.

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #457 on: February 28, 2017, 17:45:38 »
A lot of occupations have high failure rates, and AEC is one of them. "Hard"? Some courses are, and there is a lot of work required to pass them, yes, but, aside from that, some people, no matter how intelligent, motivated, and talented, are simply not suited for those types of work.

Having your mind at ease is not a good thing now, on course, or on the job. Another term for that is "complacency".

And it's "Int" in Canada. "Intel" is American.

Offline edlabonte

• Rate Post
« Reply #458 on: February 28, 2017, 18:32:45 »
Passing an AEC course is not for the faint of heart.  You will spend many nights studying for exams or practicing in the simulator.  You need to focus maximum effort at all times while on course.  You must study and practice with your course mates.  You will either pass together or fail alone. 

Then when Friday night comes around, you will need to take some time to relax and unwind.  If you don't, you well stress yourself out and buckle under the heavy course load.

Good luck on your upcoming courses, See you in the Ops Room.

Offline overwatch

• Rate Post
« Reply #459 on: August 13, 2017, 18:02:35 »
I will be applying to Aerospace Control Officer occupation as a direct entry applicant and I was curious about a specific scenario regarding it. I will most likely have Aerospace Control Officer as my only listed occupation. I was wondering what would happen if I, by happenstance, fail my professional training? Will I be "forced" to take on another occupation or will I be let go?

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #460 on: August 13, 2017, 18:12:00 »
You've already asked this question and had it answered in another thread. If you want more detail, call the recruiting centre.

Offline overwatch

• Rate Post
« Reply #461 on: August 14, 2017, 11:59:36 »
You've already asked this question and had it answered in another thread. If you want more detail, call the recruiting centre.

My bad. Another user suggested this thread, I thought there was more details to the question that weren't addressed.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #462 on: August 14, 2017, 13:02:23 »
Suggestion was an implication to read through the thread.  :nod:

Offline Sorcerers

• Rate Post
« Reply #463 on: August 21, 2017, 19:43:51 »
Heyo All... Is there anyone out there who has applied for DEO Legal in the past 12 months? And if yes, what stage of the process are you at?

I haven't heard anything since September 2016 (July 2016 CFAT) despite following up with my local CFRC by telephone and email.

Thanks!!

Offline csers

• Rate Post
« Reply #464 on: August 30, 2017, 13:31:31 »
Heyo All... Is there anyone out there who has applied for DEO Legal in the past 12 months? And if yes, what stage of the process are you at?

I haven't heard anything since September 2016 (July 2016 CFAT) despite following up with my local CFRC by telephone and email.

Thanks!!

Yup... glad I'm not the only one asking!  :nod:

I completed my application in November 2016, and have had radio silence pretty much ever since. The info that I do have is that as of June 2017, there were 13 positions available and 19 applicants for each one. Yet Legal Officer is listed as "Now hiring", and are still accepting applications. Several reserve units were hiring, but I'm not sure if they still are- I understand that offers have gone out for the units in Ottawa.  Rumor also has it that they are about to go on a major hiring spree, so I guess we'll see.
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Interview:
Medical Exam:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered: