• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well PP proposed freedom from inflation with crypto and have Canada become a block chain hub so not sure the alternative is any better. But like you I don’t quite get the nuances of that risk or reward.
He got pretty quiet on that once that bubble burst though.

Well PP proposed freedom from inflation with crypto and have Canada become a block chain hub so not sure the alternative is any better. But like you I don’t quite get the nuances of that risk or reward.

That being said, I doubt anyone will satisfy anyone that hates the LPC or Trudeau. Carney is very much a step up from JT in my mind. My preference would be someone like Anand.

But until any of that happens the road to the bottom will likely continue.

He did. That was in 2022. He's been strangely quiet about it since.

He did. That was in 2022. He's been strangely quiet about it since.
I wouldn’t say it’s strange. The bubble burst and it dropped about half or more, and people lost entire life savings. Not something that anyone would want to bring up willingly, and (so far) not enough to put in an attack ad.

Sam Bankman-Fried’s rise (and fall) is really interesting - there is a great podcast series on it called The Naked Emperor.

You mean people can readjust their views based on new evidence? Preposterous!
A great way for him (or anyone) to shut down any criticism would be to say something to the effect of “based on new evidence, I was wrong and I adjusted my view”.

If he did that, it would have been the end of it and may have gained some support from the folks in the middle.

A great way for him (or anyone) to shut down any criticism would be to say something to the effect of “based on new evidence, I was wrong and I adjusted my view”.
It's a hard one to that with though, because it wasn't exactly a nuanced and defensible policy position. That he believed what he said displayed rank ignorance to the subject, that he used his platform to provide his completely unqualified and ignorant advice on the subject to Canadians displayed an incredible reckless arrogance. The combination of the two was an astounding lack of judgement that by rights should have ended his leadership bid- but hey, it's the 2020's. That he's going to be the best option on the ballot speaks to the sad sad state of Canadian politics.

It's a hard one to that with though, because it wasn't exactly a nuanced and defensible policy position. That he believed what he said displayed rank ignorance to the subject, that he used his platform to provide his completely unqualified and ignorant advice on the subject to Canadians displayed an incredible reckless arrogance. The combination of the two was an astounding lack of judgement that by rights should have ended his leadership bid- but hey, it's the 2020's. That he's going to be the best option on the ballot speaks to the sad sad state of Canadian politics.

Let's recap:

-rank ignorance
-completely unqualified
-ignorant advice
-reckless arrogance
-astounding lack of judgement
-end leadership bid

Anything else for a one-time policy bobble?

:ROFLMAO:

Let's recap:

-rank ignorance , What else would you call describing a highly speculative, volatile asset as a means to opt out of current inflation?
-completely unqualified , What else would you call the opinion of poli-sci grad with zero financial or economic education or experience?
-ignorant advice redundant
-reckless arrogance -Combination of the above
-astounding lack of judgement -Inarguably yes
-end leadership bid -political careers have ended for less

Anything else for a one-time policy bobble?

:ROFLMAO:
Nah that covers it. They all fit a situation where the prospective PM of Canada publicly offered absolutely terrible investment advice from youtube videos he fanboyed over but clearly didn't understand. Not to mention the ethical ramifications of a politician openly promoting a financial instrument that they have holdings in.

Funny thing- I still hold Bitcoin, unlike one Pierre Poilievre.
https://prciec-rpccie.parl.gc.ca/EN...rationID=32d9245b-02aa-4cb6-b588-90192afe1c05

when are we going to vote though? Any chance the Libs and NDP get together and decide to serve the full 5 yr term?
The next fixed election date is October 20, 2025 according to the Elections Canada website. The Elections Act allows the Chief Electoral Officer to recommend another date to the GiC. This date must be the next day or the following Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back