• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question About Only Having Grade 10

zzkkl

Reaction score
I want to apply for infantry, and I'd like to know what educational requirements the military has. I completed the 10th grade but did not graduate from high school. Will I be competing with college graduates and high school graduates? Will my lack of formal education negatively affect my application?

I just want to apply directly for NCM Infantry. I saw on the website that it says completing Grade 10 is sufficient, but I'm not sure if it's really possible.

I want to apply for infantry, and I'd like to know what educational requirements the military has. I completed the 10th grade but did not graduate from high school. Will I be competing with college graduates and high school graduates? Will my lack of formal education negatively affect my application?
Well for starters, this question might get more traction in the recruiting forum. This is the section for enrolment medical questions.

Yes you can apply with only a Grade 10 education, but you will be competing against high school graduates and college graduates, so your application will be less competitive to begin with compared to them.

You can apply for infantry with grade 10, but you’ll be competing with others with more education. If the military is your career ambition, I strongly recommend finishing high school or getting your GED.

You can apply for infantry with grade 10, but you’ll be competing with others with more education. If the military is your career ambition, I strongly recommend finishing high school or getting your GED.
Sorry- just to add, someone mentioned to me that GED very recently stopped being a thing. Sorry for the bad info there. Definitely pick away at finishing high school. There are some schools that can help assess work and life experience for credit.

Thank you for your response. I will consider your suggestions carefully!

If the military is your career ambition, I strongly recommend finishing high school or getting your GED.

If the military is not your career ambition, I strongly recommend finishing high school.

Thank you for your response. I will consider your suggestions carefully!
For context, I joined both the Reserves as an NCM and Regs as an officer with Gr 11. I had a long and fruitful career. but it all started with Gr 11....

Sorry- just to add, someone mentioned to me that GED very recently stopped being a thing. Sorry for the bad info there. Definitely pick away at finishing high school. There are some schools that can help assess work and life experience for credit.
Hopefully the talking heads get together and find a way to make the program work again. It's just too important to let slide away just because the American testing company pulls out of Canada.

Back