• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Did you want to join the army growing up?

I remember training a few Young female Recruits. They were 16 and 17 years old. Very timid, not very strong physically. Mentally were developing. After basic and even more so trades training, they all grew in extremely positive ways. Even their Parents I talked to mentioned how much their daughters had developed themselves after the training. It was a hugely positive experience for myself as an instructor to see the rapid growth of the Soldiers. One thing I talk to others especially young females who think they can not do a task.

Go apply, pass the tests, get in and give it a try. Don't quit, don't quit on yourself after you pass basic and then trades training give it a good effort. You will be rewarded by how much you will gain in yourself. This will help you through the rest of your life.

Don't bulk up a lot. Everyone wants to be big until big is a problem and it can be. Wiry and strong are the best ways to go IMO -
This.

Bulkers, gym bros, Crossfiters, Marathon junkies... they all struggle in our realm of "operational" fitness: actually being able to endure the physical demands of working in the field. That requires all 5 pillars of physical fitness:

-Muscular Endurance
-Muscular Strength
-Cardiovascular Endurance
-Flexibility; and
-Agility

Start moving, doing something. Small changes. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Bike where you could drive, walk where you could bike. If you can't do 50 push ups, start with 5 x 10 throughout the day.

This.

Bulkers, gym bros, Crossfiters, Marathon junkies... they all struggle in our realm of "operational" fitness: actually being able to endure the physical demands of working in the field. That requires all 5 pillars of physical fitness:

-Muscular Endurance
-Muscular Strength
-Cardiovascular Endurance
-Flexibility; and
-Agility

Start moving, doing something. Small changes. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Bike where you could drive, walk where you could bike. If you can't do 50 push ups, start with 5 x 10 throughout the day.
Don't get me wrong, but pretty sure CrossFit is the best training one can have when it comes to muscular endurance, strength, cardio and flexibility.

I prefer hitting the gym 5 mornings a week doing full body workouts, and I try to run a good 30 minutes when I get back at home.

There's no miraculous training plan; the key words are constancy and discipline.

Don't get me wrong, but pretty sure CrossFit is the best training one can have when it comes to muscular endurance, strength, cardio and flexibility.

I prefer hitting the gym 5 mornings a week doing full body workouts, and I try to run a good 30 minutes when I get back at home.

There's no miraculous training plan; the key words are constancy and discipline.
And yoga. I’m not kidding.

Those poses only look easy.

Back