• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

XM-8 Assault Rifle

• Thread starter MAJOR_Baker
  • Start date
M

MAJOR_Baker

I posted a scanned poster of the XM-8 assault rifle. I was wondering what the members of the board thought of the weapon and its "big brother" the 25 mm grenade launcher.

DO you think the M-16A2/M-4 Carbine (C-7 and its variants) need a replacement? What would you like to see on a replacement rifle? Does it need full auto, bayonet lug, etc.... :warstory:

and this is the new handgun!

gun.jpg

Hey... dont knock the nintendo gun, that thing knocks ducks down like nothng else ;)

Doesn‘t look too bad. Can i get it with caseless ammunition so it‘s easier to clean?

"DO you think the M-16A2/M-4 Carbine (C-7 and its variants) need a replacement? "

S-Baker
have you had the opportunity to fire our C-7 rifle? It is quite a bit improved over the M-16/M4. Several countries have purchased the weapon and it is the rifle of choice for a certain unit in England who do "quiet work". Next time you‘re on a joint op with us try and get some time on the range with one. The optics are a bit of a nuisance at first...I trained to shoot with both eyes open to aviod tunnel vision! The soldier‘s from your country, that I‘ve worked with,who have had the opportunity to fire the weapon say they like it.
There are lots of new weapons out there, I believe your military is developing most of them. I confess I haven‘t seen the weapon you‘re reffering to but anything that makes a soldier more efficient is worth a look. :soldier:

does anyone here play HALO, cuz the XM-8 and all its siblings look strangely close to the marine weapons. ie- magazine position, shape, design, etc. just compare the two and tell me if im seeing things.

heavier barrell, full auto, single shot, safe,

those are all I can think of at the moment.

The weapon is produced by a company called "demaico" and they are on the web although I don‘t know the address off hand.
Off the top of my head there are a number of improvements that the Canadian version has over the M4. Newer materials used in the construction of the weapon, the forward assist is configured differently (don‘t ask me how!), it has single and full auto, Optics rail, ect.
Supposedly there are about 300 odd differences between the C7 and the M4. I can‘t do it justice but if you are interested try to look up their web address. See what they say.
If you want more info then e-mail me on the side and I‘ll see what I can find.
:)

Eventually the new system will phase out the 5.56mm and use caseless ammo. Sad part is that it‘ll take for ever for the CAF($$$, politics, bureaucracy) to addopt this new weapon system. This was also the case with the M-16 when it was adopted when the CAF had F.A.L.s. The C.A.F. has the most conservative R&D programs & should be more aggresive as to new weapon systems.

There‘s no A anymore. Its just CF. The A was too aggressive.

Actually the "A" had to be phased out due to Federal truth in advertising laws. Afterall it did stand for Armed and that‘s no longer the case is it. :D

The term "Canadian Armed Forces" was phased out, because it was never an official name of the Canadian military services in any ‘official government‘ document. However, when it was phased out in ‘unofficial‘ government terminology it could have just as easily been phased in as an official government term, but obviously this would not do, because the Canadian military isn‘t actually armed is it.

Back