• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WWII 1st Canadian Army

Samm

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to find out more information about a relative. He's called Richard Phillips and was in the Canadian First Army. He served in Biggin Hill in Kent, England, in 1942-43 and was posted to Anzio Beachhead, Italy in 1944. He was born in approximately 1918-20.  He was wounded in Anzio, causing injuries to his legs.  He died age 62.  My Mum has written off to the genealogy dept for records a few years ago but it hardly produced any information, so I'm hoping something might come from here.

Samm

I could be incorrect but I think the only "Canadian" (actually mixed US-Canadian) Unit that was at the Anzio beachhead was the 1st Special Service Force (The Devil's Brigade). Perhaps you should try to contact the relevant veterans associations

- edited for omitted word -

Thanks, I did wonder about that, I've done alot of reading in the last couple of days and that's all I could find that was posted in Anzio.  Maybe someone could confirm this?

Samm

I've posted a photo of him on my blog:

http://samm-l.blogspot.com/

Thanks
Samm

Back