• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WWI Princess Patricia Medal Ribbon

S

sfilshie

My family is looking for a replacement ribbon for a family war medal - The Princess Patricia Light Infantry DCM War Service Medal. Does anyone have a suggestion for where we might find one? Thanks

Sir,

There is no such medal as what you have described.

May I suggest that what you mean is a Distinguished Conduct Medal awarded to a member of the Princes Patricia‘s Canadian Light Infantry.

If so this is a round silver medal with an ornate scroll clasp on top, the front of the medal has a image of King George the Fifth, it‘s reverse has the embossed legend "For Distinguished Conduct in the Field"

The ribbon is three equal stripes of crimson-blue-crimson.

Yours,
Jock in Sydney

This might also mean the 1914-18 Medal, the 1939-45 Star, or CVSM...there are images of medal ribbons at my site at http://www.canadiansoldiers.com - look under INSIGNIA...can you post a photo of the medal itself for us?

Michael I really like your site. But you need more info on the forces after 45. I know its hard to find as I‘ve been searching for ages for pics of from 60‘s and 70‘s.

So I just wanted to say keep up the great work!!

Dave

Back