• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

would a modern devils brigade be possible?

jwhitten

Inactive
Reaction score
Im guessing this is posted in the right spot but i was wondering if a modern day devils brigade(first special service force) would be possible? i have been reading about the history of them and they were bad *** but im wondering if it would be possible today for Canada and the us or any other country to make a special forces unit comprised of both countries like the devils brigade. or even name the modern one devils brigade. sorry if this has been asked before but thanks.

jwhitten said:
Im guessing this is posted in the right spot but i was wondering if a modern day devils brigade(first special service force) would be possible? i have been reading about the history of them and they were bad *** but im wondering if it would be possible today for Canada and the us or any other country to make a special forces unit comprised of both countries like the devils brigade. or even name the modern one devils brigade. sorry if this has been asked before but thanks.

The Army can make Wednesday Saturday and Thursday Sunday, so anything's possible.

But why? It was, arguably, done in the first place merely to appease various political interests.

The question would be why bother?  We and our allies have mature, well developed  special forces able to do the jobs our respective governments assign.

jwhitten said:

What makes you think there isn't?  😉

recceguy said:
What makes you think there isn't?  😉

Shhhhh. Now we're going to have to do a memory wipe.

Attachments

• Men-in-Black.jpg
    Men-in-Black.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 331
One could research open sources and see what current CAF unit perpetuates the FSSF's battle honours... :dunno:

;)

Used to be the CAR, but now I'm not sure.

So true, but as you just witnessed, it doesn't seem to work with today's computer literate generations.  They lack the "Google fu".    [:D

George Wallace said:
So true, but as you just witnessed, it doesn't seem to work with today's computer literate generations.  They lack the "Google fu".    [:D

Although in fairness, the actual answer to "What unit perpetuates the First Special Service Force battle honours?" is contained within entry number six... 

Good2Golf said:
Although in fairness, the actual answer to "What unit perpetuates the First Special Service Force battle honours?" is contained within entry number six...

Actually, entry number six contains the correct answer for a FORMER CF unit that perpetuated both the First Special Service Force and the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion, not the current CF unit. 

Good2Golf said:
........... what current CAF unit perpetuates the FSSF's battle honours...

[;)

George Wallace said:
Actually, entry number six contains the correct answer for a FORMER CF unit that perpetuated both the First Special Service Force and the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion, not the current CF unit. 

[;)

I'm still showing "what current CAF unit perpetuates the FSSF's battle honours?" correct answer as #6?  Are you sure you're not using Bing? ;D

I was looking at #6 in this thread......Not #6 using Googlefu.....Their #6 is correct..... :warstory:

Back