• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Windsor Tattoo and Sunset Ceremony

RHFC_piper

Reaction score
Windsor Tattoo and Sunset Ceremony

May  30, 2009 - The Military Units from Windsor are holding a Tattoo and Sunset Ceremony. Bands will include brass and reed as well as pipes and drums. Along with music, there will be a local choir and highland dancers. The Tattoo is a show containing Military Bands and Drill teams. There will be static displays of Military equipment as well as a demonstration of manoeuvres and tactics. Seating is limited, so arrive early and also take some time to view the displays. Parking available in the downtown core and garages.
Contact Lieutenant Paul F. Stachow at 519-818-4136 if you require further information.

Hours: Military Tattoo will commence at 7:00PM followed immediately by the Sunset Ceremony. 
Cost:  N/A 
Venue: Riverfront Festival Plaza, Windsor 

Phone 519-818-4136  for more information. 

More on link

May 30: Tatoo and Sunset Ceremony

Tatoo and Sunset Ceremony

Hours: 7 p.m.

Tattoo and Sunset Ceremony featuring brass, reed and pipe and drum bands. There will be performances by a local choir and Highland dancers.

Seating is limited, so arrive early and also take some time to view the displays. Call 519-818-4136.

More on link.

As far as I know, the pipe bands will include;
- Essex and Kent band
- RHFC band
- Windsor police band

As well, there will be reinactment groups, vintage vehicles and highland dancers.

I will be there to play with the RHFC band... should be a good time.

:piper:

RHFC Piper and Recceguy:

Will be in Windsor area this weekend and will try to touch base with you after the Ceremony.

Cheers,

tango22a

tango22a said:
RHFC Piper and Recceguy:

Will be in Windsor area this weekend and will try to touch base with you after the Ceremony.

Cheers,

tango22a
Won't be there. Other commitments.

I'll be there with bells on... Just come looking for the RHFC band and look for the only piper with a GCS.

I'll be there as well.  I'll be in the guidon party for the opening ceremony.  There should be a large number of beverages going downrange at the armoury afterward.

I'm on afternoons, but if anyone needs a blue taxi you probaby already have my cell.  ;D

zipperhead_cop said:
I'm on afternoons, but if anyone needs a blue taxi you probaby already have my cell.  ;D
Thanks muchly!

I'd have fun trying to explain to 9Domestic that I wasn't trouble...... "Really he was just giving me a ride home.  Honest!"  :eek:rly:

Spanky said:
Thanks muchly!

I'd have fun trying to explain to 9Domestic that I wasn't trouble...... "Really he was just giving me a ride home.  Honest!"  :eek:rly:

Just remind her that bad guys don't get rides home. 
That being said, I'd have to dig out the inflatable love doll that lingers around HQ and leave the roof rack lit as we walked you to the door.  ;D

Well... as always, my plans have changed drastically.  Thanks to what I'm hoping is just something I ate (and not N1H1), I won't be doing much traveling... even the drive home was particularly awkward; now I know where every public bathroom is from London to Kitchener... :(

Anyway, for anyone who will be there; have fun.

It should be a good go, too bad you'll miss it.  I was on the 401 yesterday and was passing all kinds of stuff heading for Windsor; a Snowbird cockpit and a Bren gun carrier among them.  We'll have one or more for you.

Back