• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why are you proud of Canada?

I am proud that this is the least racist country I have ever visited.
I am proud of this countries history and what my family has done for this country.
I am proud that we are such a large and diverse country with so many amazing places to visit and live.
I am proud that Canada is respected all over the world as a great place to live, raise a family, visit.
I am proud of the things Canada does for countries which are not as well off and when we stand up for our friends.
I am proud of our countries human rights record, which is not perfect but comparitively is amazing.
I am proud that in Canada I can vote how I want, love who I want, read what I want, say (within reason) what I want, and be friends with who I want.
I am proud that I have never once had to line up based only on my race, ethnicity, sexual oreintation, religious beliefs or non beliefs, gender, political beliefs or anything else.

Canada is the best country in the world and I hope everyone who lives here is eternally grateful that they were born here or had the chance to move here, but thankfully if they are not they are allowed to express their belief.
:cdn:
FL

CDN Aviator said:
Ladies and Gents, i give you our public education system...........

Im sure the teachers must have slipped it into their teaching material somewhere....must have been between "why we shouldn't be overseas in foreign countries" and the third act of MacBeth. 

Baden  Guy said:
I spent four years in the US having the opportunity to see the US health care system up close and personal. I have watched a young carpenter, self employed with a beautiful daughter, die due to his inability to pay for the required cancer treatment.
Other circumstance I am aware of are financially well off individuals forced into bankruptcy due to costs in treating an acute illness.
On a more minor note I had American friends who were unable to take advantage of career opportunities as the new company had an inferior medical plan that would not cover the chronic illness of a family member.
I am reasonably informed on the health care systems that exist in the western world. 
Now back in Canada I see people get treatment for their medical condition irrespective of their financial ability.
This makes me proud to be a Canadian.

I have to agree with SBaker here.  Give it a rest with the US bashing.  Both countries have their flaws, but ultimately both countries are great. 

And hey Baden Guy, there are also people dying in Canada because they can't afford their prescribed cancer treatments.  Sure, people here might be able to "get treatment for their medical condition irrespective of their financial ability", but that assumes they can find a doctor to see them in the first place.  That in turn, assumes that the doctor will be concerned concerned enough to actually do something about it in the first place other than saying it's nothing and pushing them out the door after two minutes.  These things I know from experience.  So unfortunately, I must disagree with you --- the grass is not necessarily greener in Canada when it comes to health care.

Casing said:
And hey Baden Guy, there are also people dying in Canada because they can't afford their prescribed cancer treatments.  Sure, people here might be able to "get treatment for their medical condition irrespective of their financial ability", but that assumes they can find a doctor to see them in the first place.  That in turn, assumes that the doctor will be concerned concerned enough to actually do something about it in the first place other than saying it's nothing and pushing them out the door after two minutes.  These things I know from experience.  So unfortunately, I must disagree with you --- the grass is not necessarily greener in Canada when it comes to health care.

There are benefits to both systems which is why neither is wrong and neither is right.  It is also why there is an increasing push towards adopting some US health style in this country. 

Back