• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why 4 websites give you 4 different credit scores

BeyondTheNow

Staff member
Directing Staff
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
I found this interesting. But now I’m doubting how good my score is in actuality. If Trans Union and Equifax don’t even provide accurate rating for a paid service, what’s the point?

Why 4 websites give you 4 different credit scores — and none is the number most lenders actually see

...But a Marketplace investigation has found that the same consumer is likely to get significantly different credit scores from different websites — and chances are none of those scores actually matches the one lenders consult when deciding your financial fate...

"There should be one score," he said. "If they are running an algorithm, there should be one score, no matter what you do, or how you do it, it should not change that score."

The FICO score is also the most popular score in the U.S. Unlike in Canada, Americans can access their score easily by purchasing it on FICO's website, or through FICO's Open Access Program, without any risk of it impacting their credit rating.

FICO told Marketplace it would like to bring the Open Access Program to Canada, but it's up to Canadian lenders...

More at link:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/marketplace-credit-score-1.5314868

Back