• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who wants to design-build new $50M Tpt/EME shop in Halifax?

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
This, from MERX:
.... In accordance with the rules, regulations, statutes and guidelines, and the professional associations, on the Province of Nova Scotia, Defence Construction Canada (DCC) is calling for Design-Builders, having experience in the development of new vehicle maintenance facilities, heavy equipment garages, or other similar facilities, incorporating sustainable design features rated using the LEED® Canada NC 2009 system, to submit Technical Proposals and Offers of Service to provide the following services for the design and construction of the new TEME Facility:

PART 1
•    Pre-Design
•    Options Analysis
•    Floor Concept Studies
•    Design Development
•    Construction Documents
PART 2   
•    Construction
•    Post-Construction

(....)

The estimated construction cost is in the order of magnitude of $50,000,000.

(....)

To be considered, Abbreviated Proposals must be received at the following address, no later than 14:00 HOURS LOCAL TIME, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 09, 2010.

More in attached Statement of Work excerpt.

We're getting a fantastic  new building for TnEME here in Trenton...the Pride of the LEO  ;Dand a thorn to the Sqdn CO's...who think it's thier new hanger for the big birds... :crybaby:

:piper:

Proposed floor and site plans also attached - PM me with your e-mail address for a higher resolution file if you're interested.

We have been waiting for years... little shocking see the unit made it to army.ca  ;D

Good to see they are finally updating the Maint bays in Hfx. I worked my Res days at BEME and the "other" bldg while in 33 Svc Bn Maint. As well pto Aug'10 at TEME in Ancill.
I am curious, since its been almost 2 yrs since the last post here, is there any change in the satus of this project? Has it actually been to the next step yet?

They broke ground... WL 22 is all messed up now. Parking is across the road for the buses. So each "detail" is a pain in the rear. A lot of sections are moving across the harbour or in HQ.

The framing is mostly done, and the shops/office areas are wrapped in plastic so they can work through the winter. We are just going over the final details in the workshops to make sure everything is how we want it.

DCC says the turn over to DND should be Dec 6th 2013.

Back