• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where do you call home?

Where do you call home?

• Total voters
Queensville, Ontario, hey smith falls, sorry about hersheys, ya still got Ice King,

"Home is wherever the Army sends me" is the best description I can think of to my situation, being an army-brat and an' all.

Though, after spending a few years in la Belle Province I seem to have discovered my Québecois heritage... so for now, I'm going to say that Québec is my home, and probably will remain that way to me (my extended family is here, parents aren't though)

Coquitlam, British Columbia. Hopefully and with any luck my home will be A Company, Royal Westmisnter Regiment in New Westminster. I have a number of friends there already, and I look foward to an extended period of service for my Country :cdn:

Edit: Spelling... yah, it was sad :eek:

Orginally, Abbotsford, B.C. Its where I grew up, Currently I am in Kelowna, B.C. , and hopefully my new home will be Ottawa or Kingston (or pretty much wherever the army sends me :) )

Brampton Ontario, just west of Toronto.......not for much longer though....in the process of moving to a new home (the army) hopefully.

ok 164 replied Ontario......and only a hand full from Kingston.....what's with that? lol

I call Kingston home....but live 20 minutes North of the city :)

Born and raised in Hamilton ON, spent the '80's in Alberta (Camrose, Edmonton, Ft Saskatchewan), short stint in Saskatchewan (Martinsville, Saskatoon), even shorter gig in Quebec (St Hubert), and since '91 Nova Scotia (Debert, Truro).
A lot of the "Good, Bad, and the Ugly" along the way but small town Nova Scotia...I'm home.

Born in North Bay (but not in "The Hole" although my dad worked there), and moved all over Canada until I was late teens early 20's and we moved to Ottawa.  Been here for 15 years now and consider it more home than any other place I've been mainly because I only ever spent between 1-5 years any other place..only place that comes close is Base Bordem...err..Borden.  ;)

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain... lived in Bogota, Colombia and Surrey, United Kingdom for a while

Now in British Columbia

I don't have a home, really - I call Atlantic Canada "home".  I was born in Summerside then moved out of there in '89 and lived in Belleville, ON then Comox for about a year, followed by a post-FRP trip back to Belleville - followed by university in Halifax, an exchange term in Seoul and my current job in Calgary.

Plus summers were spent divided between PEI, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.

Belleville is where I spent the most time, but there is no "home" there and the two houses we lived in always felt temporary in nature.  Discussion this holidays was when/if I would ever put down roots...

Here is a few places I hung my hat.

Saskatoon, Regina, Dundurn, Wainwright, Shilo, Borden, Suffield, North Strathfield, Engadine, Yarrawarrah, Holsworthy, HMAS Harmen, Katoomba, Caringbah, Singleton, Gan-Gan, Tin Can Bay, Rockhampton, Shoalwater Bay, HMAS Nowra, Enoggera, and Bribie Island as of late.

Regards,

Wes

Originally Sudbury, Ontario. Currently Regina, Saskatchewan  :)

New Westminster, British Columbia! (For those of you who don't know where that is, it's near Vancouver hehe).

Originally called Banff & Canmore, Alberta home...now it's the grand city of Calgary, though I wish I could move back to Canmore most days...

I've always called Blue Mountain, Nova Scotia home because it was the frist place we lived for more then a year or two that I remember.

However I've lived;

CFB Halifax
CFB Hoburg
CFB Trenton
Winnipeg, MN
Blue Mountain, NS
Prescott, ON
St. Catharines, ON

And shortly to St. Jean for a few months - we'll have to see what happens after that!

:salute: :cdn:

Back