• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Danjanou said:
Not quite dumbest more insulting IMHO.

"I don't want to look at that crap ( pictures of Veterans laying wreathes at a memorial in South Korea to their fallen comrades), and it has no place on the Branch Face book page. The Page should only be for Branch stuff, and I'm not interested in looking at this stuff."

A member of the Branch Executive of a Branch in the Royal Canadian Legion at an Executive Meeting ( I'll refrain from naming  the Branch at this time).

If he put it in writing, maybe that is something that belongs on the Branch Facebook page - together with the source of the comment (of course).

Danjanou said:

"I don't want to look at that crap ( pictures of Veterans laying wreathes at a memorial in South Korea to their fallen comrades), and it has no place on the Branch Face book page. The Page should only be for Branch stuff, and I'm not interested in looking at this stuff."

A member of the Branch Executive of a Branch in the Royal Canadian Legion at an Executive Meeting ( I'll refrain from naming  the Branch at this time).

Name and shame, people need to know that this is the opinion of an executive Member of an alleged veterans support entity.

Actually it was a she.  What pisses me off even more is no one said anything. There were 12 people in the room, 6 served, and that by the way makes this the Branch with the highest number of Ordinary members in the entirte friggen GTA.  Last straw for me watching them move deck chairs around on the Titanic. I'll stay on the District Exec at least until the next meeting in Sept when they hear my after action report on the goat rodeo that was the Warriors Day Parade and that should get me turfed from there to. Probably let my membership ride out until it expires in Dec the way I feel now.

I think you should post the link of said branch's FB page so we can post even MORE photos of vets laying wreaths around the world.  >:D

Strike said:
I think you should post the link of said branch's FB page so we can post even MORE photos of vets laying wreaths around the world.  >:D
:nod:

will do tonight when I get home, just before I delete myself as an admin.  >:D

Danjanou said:
will do tonight when I get home, just before I delete myself as an admin.  >:D
That's our boy!  Seriously, sorry to hear it's gotten this bad for you.

milnews.ca said:
That's our boy!  Seriously, sorry to hear it's gotten this bad for you.

Wow that is something else. Sorry to hear its this bad. Maybe the RCL does need to go........

There is no phone support for Hotmail / Outlook, as it is a free product.  Microsoft does not offer support over the phone for free products.  I heard a customer today say "if you cant offer me help with my hotmail, i am switching and buying a mac" lol..

"I'm sorry Sgt Maj but you as the commander on the ground don't get to decide if you need the QRF, us in the MCC (Mission control center) will decide if you need it or not" direct quote from a Sgt First Class when I had a one of my suburbans sitting on it's side in 3 feet of water with only 5 others on the ground. The real kicker is there are a significant number of QRFs on this Camp. There is also no tactical recovery for NTVs (none tactical Vehicles) we can give you the number for the civi company the does this for us.

Danjanou said:

Probably just as well - that is one of the best examples of epic fail I've ever seen.

Just plain LAZY parenting. IMHO.

link

Boy peeing in B.C. mall trash bin photo sparks online debate
CBC

A photo circulating on social media reportedly showing a woman holding a young boy urinating into a garbage bin at a Richmond, B.C., mall has sparked a debate on public etiquette, cultural norms and parenting.

A flurry of responses has erupted on Twitter, Reddit, Facebook and message forums around the world. As well, the mall has said it plans to look at ways to prevent such actions.

Richmond Centre mall said in an emailed statement to CBC News: "Given that we have these facilities throughout the common areas of the mall, we don't have any formal regulation or signage warning customers not to urinate, defecate or expectorate on the property. We are currently looking at this matter and ways to prevent similar occurrences in the future."

Social media users, meanwhile, have been poking fun at the image..

"#why would you let your child pee in the mall bins? They have toilets," says a tweet by DonMunnu.

"If kids get to pee in garbage cans in the mall then I see know reason why I can't," says another tweet, from MentalityMagazine.

Many forums also held questionable debates about immigrant behaviour and Chinese cultural norms. Social media users, including many who identified themselves as being of Chinese heritage, said they believed the woman and child in the photo were Chinese.

"I knew they were Asian before I even clicked the link. This is a fairly common occurrence in China," wrote Reddit user LaunchThePolaris.

In many parts of rural China, the practice of young children going to the bathroom in public is deemed as widespread, with toddlers and babies wearing pants with slits rather than diapers, said Jonathan Manthorpe, a foreign correspondent who has lived and worked in the country.

"A few years ago, they were living very rough lives of peasants. I'm sure all of your viewers who have travelled in rural China will see, as I have seen, in many places that the standards of toilets is very different," Manthorpe told CBC News.

But Queenie Choo, CEO for SUCCESS, a Vancouver immigrant group, disagreed.

"I have travelled to China and I don't think there is common practice in any city that I have observed."

Some readers argued urinating in public is not an Asian or Chinese issue alone.

"I've seen tons of Caucasian adults peeing everywhere. Never an Asian (yet). This is fairly commonplace in Asia though so while I agree its deplorable, its not like this an ingrained Chinese thing," wrote one reader in response to the Vancity Buzz post.

Others turned the debate into an issue about parenting.

Another Vancity Buzz reader wrote: "why don't we turn this around into a positive. A little boy needed to pee and better than him wetting his pants or the ground you walk on. At least he went into a lined container!!! When little children need to go they really need to go."

Miranda Chiasson, a mother in Mission, B.C., told CBC News there is also a growing trend in North America to practise what's called "elimination communication" with infants and toddlers — instead of using diapers, parents learn to read the cues their child needs to use the bathroom, and respond.

"I would say that scene is a mother practising elimination communication with her child," she said.

"He's signalled to her, cued to her, let her know in some way that he needs to pee right now. And she's seen that there's not really a park or a grassy place to take him so she's taken the best advantage of what's around her."

S.M.A. said:
"I would say that scene is a mother practising elimination communication with her child," she said.

"He's signalled to her, cued to her, let her know in some way that he needs to pee right now. And she's seen that there's not really a park or a grassy place to take him so she's taken the best advantage of what's around her."

Begin rant.

Give me a friggen break here...  Some people may argue me on this, but as a father of two boys, I gotta say, if I ever caught my wife practising this crap, I'd loose my mind.  I'm a little more "old school" than that of other fathers my age.  I believe that your kid is in diapers until he/she can be properly potty trained.  Then, you lose the diapers.

Any good parent will tell you that you always travel with a spare change of clothes for your kids because ACCIDENTS HAPPEN!!!  My wife and I know this, and we always have a spare change of clothes for our boys when we go out.  Kids are messy.  They are supposed to be messy!!!  Your kid has an "accident" and wets himself?  Sure it's embarassing, but nowhere near as embarassing as a video of him on YouTube peeing into a garbage can or crapping in some grassy area on the park.

You want to teach your kids Elimination Communication?  Do it at home.  You take your kids out to a mall / park / any public place?  You follow society's acceptable rules about your body's evacuation schedule.  You don't like those rules?  Stay the hell at home!!!

End rant.

S.M.A. said:
Just plain LAZY parenting. IMHO.

Quite agree with you, S.M.A.  I can't stand people like this, who think the rest of us are the problem.

My hat is off to the parents who GIVE A CRAP about their kids!!!  Good on you, and keep up the good work!!!

Rev

No, seriously:

To ensure every child 'wins', Ontario athletic association removes ball from soccer

According to Association spokesperson, Helen Dabney-Coyle, "By removing the ball, it's absolutely impossible to say 'this team won' and 'this team lost' or 'this child is better at soccer than that child.'"

"We want our children to grow up learning that sport is not about competition, rather it's about using your imagination. If you imagine you're good at soccer, then, you are."

http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/blog/2013/09/03/to-ensure-every-child-wins-ontario-athletic-association-removes-ball-from-soccer/

JMesh said:
No, seriously:

To ensure every child 'wins', Ontario athletic association removes ball from soccer

http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/blog/2013/09/03/to-ensure-every-child-wins-ontario-athletic-association-removes-ball-from-soccer/

Well I guess that means I can imagine being a USN SEAL Team Six member....there fore I am.....

::)

Is this for real....I mean......I thought I had heard it all....apparently I haven't

Yup!  They will grow up thinking that they are really good at their job and therefore they will be........Wait a minute!  We already have so many of those types kicking around; legends in their own minds. 

This is a story that is way behind the times.

>:D

:nod:

Jim Seggie said:
Is this for real....I mean......I thought I had heard it all....apparently I haven't

It's from This is That which is (apparently) CBC's version of The Onion.

So, no, it's not for real....

Back