• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the worse rank in the CAF?

Mediman14

Inactive
Reaction score
I thought I would ask this question to get opinions! I think it would be interesting!
I added all the ranks.

Any reason you didn't include all ranks to be selected?  ???

G2G

There should be a square for "none of the above".

I joined as an Ordinary Seaman and switched over to Ocdt after I rated as a Leading Seaman, then went all the way up to Lcdr, but being command qualified, I hung around with Commanders and Captains.

In my view, there are no ranks that are better or worse than the others, just some people who are in the wrong rank (not to mention wrong profession, in some cases).

Though, I believe that, if it were choice, I might put down G.O./Flag O. as the worse rank. As much as we all love to "bi&ch" about them from the lower rungs, their days are filled in advance for them with countless administrative tasks that they get no say in accepting or not, which leaves them with precious little time to think through the various problems they are actually supposed to solve and have the answers to. I don't think it's a life I would enjoy (I much rather enjoy the freedom of commanding a ship - even if that freedom has been constrained some lately).

Worse than what?  Bear in mind that "worse" is a comparative adjective, adverb or noun.  Or do you mean "worst" - the superlative form?  And what is being measured?  If it is simply the title, I'll chose "Aviator".  Personally, I think it sounds stupid.  It doesn't come from any historical basis (if someone knows differently, please educate me) and since it refers to the lowest rank of NCMs, the holders of the title don't "aviate".  Appears to have been selected because it sounded the same in both official languages.  What was wrong with going back to "Aircraftman"?  Or staying with "Private"?

Blackadder1916 said:
What was wrong with going back to "Aircraftman"? 

Well, in this day and age, it'd be Aircraftsperson  ;)

Blackadder1916 said:
Aircraftperson.  There was no "s" in the old rank title.

And the way fleet sizes are shrinking, singular aircraft may well be the end state...

Hands down Warrant. Everyone either looks up to you or down on you, and every expects you to have the answer, do better, be the example, be a prick, be their father, eat crap from above, take crap from below.

Any WO that has been a recruit serial WO and taken a phone call from a pissed off parent of a recruit, a crying partner/spouse, dealt with a overly stressed Sgt. or Mcpl, an officer with the social skill set of a cheese plate....

As Warrant, you’re in too far to quit, and too long to stop giving a frig. Lonely, unappreciated folks, every one of them a goddamned rock. Wait.. maybe it’s the best rank.

Bruce Monkhouse said:

No shit.  I'm always out ranked, out flanked, out gunned by her and headed for the POW cage.  So, worst rank to come up against.

Back