• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what do they (recruiters).........

V

venth

what do they (recruiters) mean by medical fitness...eh?
do they mean " weight=
height=
maximum Age=

Can u guys help me on above questions I have?
That would be grateful. Thanks a lot.

Venth - I‘d love to help you with your questions but I only see one and that doesn‘t really make a whole lot of sense.

Perhaps you should read this page and then if you have anymore questions come back and post them.

I think Venth was asking more about medical fitness than physical.

During the application process, you‘ll be asked to attend a medical assessment. Some people may have it on the same day as the CFAT and the interview but it may vary. Esentially, they want to find out if you are medically able (includes physical, emotionally, and others) to work in the military and gather classification information.

As an example, (I‘m not speaking for the miliary just my experience), your quality of eyesight, your ability to move around, foot issues, limb movement, medical history, lung and heart health, all conditions of the body and mind that will affect you if you go in the military will be assessed and queried.

This means sorting the candiates from those who can progress through the application process and those that can‘t. No offense to anyone, but if you‘re missing two arms and a leg and obvliously cannot work directly in the military, the medical physician will stop the candidate there.

Certain medical or physical conditions have to be classified. Certain trades in the military require exceptional eyesight, weight, and height.
It will be hard for someone 7 feet tall to be a helicopter pilot but be fine for the infantry. Pilot and SAR trades as an example have strict requirements. Navy trades require good eyesight and better than V4 classification.

The medical step, like the CFAT and the fitness test, gives the CF more information about the candidate.

Back