• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What are you listening to/fav type of music

Albums ; Tragically Hip - Live at the Roxy, The Tea Party - Blood Moon Rising, Halestorm - Back from the Dead

In the process of righting a very musical wrong in my life.......listening to Carole King's "Tapestry" for the very first time.

Not trying to take over this thread, but I thought it worth mentioning that I picked up a new Rolling Stones release of old material. The reason I mention it is that it's "El Mocambo 1977", the Stones gig that April Wine opened for and resulted in the "Live at the El Mocambo" recording I mentioned earlier. This Stones album (that I'm listening to right now) contains a lot of classic Stones tracks with some blues standards. Can't believe how good (sonically) this sounds, you wouldn't know it was recorded in '77. The people who mastered the tracks did a great job.
Anyway, if you're a Stones fan, I highly recommend it.

My go-to when a project I'm working on is being a dickweed.......Sun Arise- Alice Cooper.
1971......wow and sigh...

Yes, it's me again. Listening to the new Ozzy album, "Patient Number 9". It's quite good (IMO), better than the previous one (Ordinary Man), though that was good as well.

Yes, it's me again. Listening to the new Ozzy album, "Patient Number 9". It's quite good (IMO), better than the previous one (Ordinary Man), though that was good as well.
Listened to Ahead by a Century and Wheat Kings yesterday. Fantastic songs.

ABC and WK are fantastic songs for sure. But then we're talking about the Tragically Hip (and IMO practically all their songs are fantastic).
Not sure why you quoted my opinion of the new Ozzie album. :confused:

Triumvirat- Spartacus.
Need to find a vinyl copy of Illusions On a Double Dimple.

Attachments

• 309568511_838465880851908_786916747530219095_n.jpg
    309568511_838465880851908_786916747530219095_n.jpg
    787.9 KB · Views: 0
ABC and WK are fantastic songs for sure. But then we're talking about the Tragically Hip (and IMO practically all their songs are fantastic).
Not sure why you quoted my opinion of the new Ozzie album. :confused:
My computer automatically quotes the post I am responding to.

Strange.
Anyway, listened to a new album I got today, deluxe double album re-release of the Tea Party's first album (titled, "The Tea Party". The original release (in 1991) was only a few thousand copies and had some songs that were also on the second album, "Splendor Solas". Great Canadian band. Believe it or not, saw them in concert a number of years ago here in Red Deer.

Strange.
Anyway, listened to a new album I got today, deluxe double album re-release of the Tea Party's first album (titled, "The Tea Party". The original release (in 1991) was only a few thousand copies and had some songs that were also on the second album, "Splendor Solas". Great Canadian band. Believe it or not, saw them in concert a number of years ago here in Red Deer.
They just wrapped up a summer tour....

But they didn't come to Red Deer. :cry:
Not that I blame them. That concert I mentioned was cut short due to some dumb fuck releasing pepper spray (or some other irritant) which caused the club to be evacuated. The band was gracious enough to reschedule the gig a few months later. Not surprisingly, that was the last time they played Red Deer.
Anyway, getting a bit off topic here, sorry.

The soundtrack album of my youth.......Welcome To My Nightmare.
Next will be his newest, Detroit Stories. Alice has hardly lost a thing in 50 years.

Wet Leg. One of the best albums and new bands in the last year imo
It is a catchy song, but as an Islander (real, not a fake one like people from Vancouver Island, or NL) when I watch that video all I see is a punk rock Anne of Green Gables.

I've been hitting repeat on this tune a lot lately. I like most of his mainstream stuff.

Back