• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Western Canada Reserve Military Police Questions

I am not a fitness instructor, but my most fit guys tend to do more circuit training than jogging. In any case start the application now, if you have a steady fitness regime you can commit to by the time you get to a fitness test you will do fine.

We are parading in Richmond this coming Wednesday between 1900-2200. Swing by the Sherman armoury at 5500 No 4 Rd and ask to see the MPs.

Thanks for the heads up NinerSix.

My friend and I came there last night to start the form fill out and get our Statement of understanding... Now to spend the next while going through the application process.

Sounds like the mechanics were looking for people too lol. We waited near the entrance because there was the door that said Recruiting. It sounded like they were pumped to have some people looking about joining. We were sad to rain on their parade and tell them we wanted to be MPs lol.

Those interested wishing to apply or obtain info on the Res MP recruiting process feel free to e-mail me directly at jason.forbes@forces.gc.ca. I will forward your info to the appropriate recruiting representative so you do not get lost in the shuffle or getbpicked up by another unit while "waiting around." Our Rctg rep will make contact with you to make an appointment or provide good info regarding our process.

Thanks.

BTW ... the longer you wait to get your application going .... the more opportunities you will miss out on! The best time to apply is always Right Now!

Shoot me an e-mail and lets get started.

ResMP - please cease and desist on the "Bump"s. Threads on Army.ca stay active due to the members' interest and the merits of the topic.

Army.ca Staff

ResMP said:
Those interested wishing to apply or obtain info on the Res MP recruiting process feel free to e-mail me directly at jason.forbes@forces.gc.ca. I will forward your info to the appropriate recruiting representative so you do not get lost in the shuffle or getbpicked up by another unit while "waiting around." Our Rctg rep will make contact with you to make an appointment or provide good info regarding our process.

Thanks.

BTW ... the longer you wait to get your application going .... the more opportunities you will miss out on! The best time to apply is always Right Now!

Shoot me an e-mail and lets get started.

ResMP, I emailed you a couple weeks ago and havent heard anything back  :(

muskrat89 said:
ResMP - please cease and desist on the "Bump"s. Threads on Army.ca stay active due to the members' interest and the merits of the topic.

Army.ca Staff

And, in the interests of your persec, you might want to remove your e-mail address and have the initial contact done via PM.

ResMP,

Could you please outline the medical requirements (esp. vision).  Are they the same as other Reserve trades or does ResMP have any additional standards?

Cheers.

roxie roller said:
Are they the same as other Reserve trades or does ResMP have any additional standards?

Medical standards go by trade;  being Regular Force or Reserve has no bearing on that AFAIK.  Example medical standards for Reserve MP are the same as Reg Force MP, etc.

Minimum Medical standards for the different MOSIDs can be found here
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/cfp-pfc-154/AN-E-eng.asp

Military Police V3 CV2 H2 G3 O2 A5

Murb said:
Sounds like the mechanics were looking for people too lol. We waited near the entrance because there was the door that said Recruiting. It sounded like they were pumped to have some people looking about joining. We were sad to rain on their parade and tell them we wanted to be MPs lol.

To anyone else who wants to come and see us, be mindful of the above. The Svc Bn/Coy has their recruiting office right at the door. They have nothing to do with us.

When you come to the building, don't ask for "recruiting", ask for the MPs. We are at the back of the building.

.... and the response from another thread that may be useful here - "Because you are from Ontario you come under the umbrella of 2 MP Regt - Each MP Regt has the auth enact an emergency recruiting provision at their discretion which allows them to forego the regular recruiting standard.

I am not sure if 2 MP Regt (Ontario) is using this provision. You will need to contact the MP Pl in your area.

1 MP Regt (Western Canada) is using this provision as we are low experiencing low manpower levels. So move to Western Canada and we will get you signed up! "

Hello,

Just a quick note to say that the positions in Edmonton are full for now. We expect some openings in the near future. Check in with us at you discretion.

We are however looking for and willing to recruit, train, and sustain 2 x RMS clerks in Edm. Strictly administrative. Please let us know if you or someone you know is interested.

Thanks

I am a Ret'd MP Sgt living in Chilliwack.  I'm looking to get a red beret & cloth hat badge for use during occasions such as Remembrance Day.  I threw all of ny uniforms out when I retired in 1995.  Can I buy one from 12 MP PL or at supply in Richmond?  I can order one through the school (academy) in Borden but figure this would be easier.

Thanks
Mike Hannan

Hey everyone, I got call from my peeps in Wpg. Wpg is starving for applicants. Questions to me! Thx

@resMP

I'm highly interested,
What are the chances of working full time as a RES MP, once qualified?

Feel free to send an email my way whenever you're available
I've got a few questions

Thanks!

Working full time depends on lots of different things. Namely getting qualified and being available when the unit, branch, or CF is looking. The work is there. I would not join if you are looking specifically for full time work. Full time work is intermittent at best. This said I know lots of soldiers who have had Class B part time careers -

First of all would like to thank everyone on this forum and this thread and all the useful information...I have recently applied with the 14th MP Detachment in Calgary...not without hiccups though...online I submitted the form for Reg Force, had to call the Recruiting and have it re-opened and switched over to Reserves (it was closed due to the fact that Reg Force Officer Entry Plan is closed until September) met with the recruiters at the Currie Barracks, who were very informative and helpful....now waiting on some online "to be filled out" forms and so pumped to get this ball rolling!!!!
Now my question is...I have heard that if one applies as an Officer MP Reservist...the process of applying is longer and the training is longer...can anyone shed some light on this? Also, what are the pros and cons of being an Officer Reservist MP?
Thank you
GG

geegee said:
First of all would like to thank everyone on this forum and this thread and all the useful information...I have recently applied with the 14th MP Detachment in Calgary...not without hiccups though...online I submitted the form for Reg Force, had to call the Recruiting and have it re-opened and switched over to Reserves (it was closed due to the fact that Reg Force Officer Entry Plan is closed until September) met with the recruiters at the Currie Barracks, who were very informative and helpful....now waiting on some online "to be filled out" forms and so pumped to get this ball rolling!!!!
Now my question is...I have heard that if one applies as an Officer MP Reservist...the process of applying is longer and the training is longer...can anyone shed some light on this? Also, what are the pros and cons of being an Officer Reservist MP?
Thank you
GG

Yes, the process is slightly longer.

Military Police Officers are more of an administrator. Yes you will learn how to use a C7 and a Sig P225, however your training will be focussed on management, planning, and organization. Pros: you get paid slightly more once you're a qualified MPO Cons: you do more paperwork and less of the cool stuff like most officers in any trade.

As a reservist, you'll be part of a Field Unit, and the focus is not on the Policing side but more of the augmenting combat units, vehicle checkpoints, force and close protection, Prisoner/Detainee handling, base security and defence. As a Res MPO you may learn some of the following, but may not get to implement it unless you are deployed or tasked to the Reg Force.

Manage military police patrols
Administer police operations
Supervise crime scene management
Conduct investigations and interviews
Manage investigations
Administer police programs
Administer security programs
Provide police and security advice to senior authorities

You will not necessarily get to patrol, or conduct investigations; as an MPO is much like an Inspector or a Superintendent of a civilian police force, they just make sure all the rights steps are being taken, nobodies rights are being violated, evidence is protected etc.

A good post from ResMP on page 2 states it better than I can:

ResMP said:
Hi,

I have had a couple of questions regarding the duties and responsibilities of a Commissioned Officer. This explanation may not be required on this forum but I will post for those non-military who may be looking. I can best explain it like this:

MPOs do act in much more of a managerial role than the NCMs. While they do have their feet on the ground they typically do not have a hands on role when it comes to MP Operations. They are behind the scenes in that they are like the conductor of an orchestra. While Commissioned MP Officers do deploy to areas of operation, they are usually standing on the sidelines not unlike a foot ball coach.

The best way I can describe the MP Officer relationship is to that of building a house.

A senior Military Officer (Non MP - this may be a General or Colonel)  decides he wants the MP Unit that comes under his umbrella to build a house (in reality this would be a specific MP Task). He says he wants a modest Bungalow with one bedroom up and two down. He will give his MP a general understanding of what he wants.

The commanding officer of the MP Unit (or sub unit) will take this information a begin making plans. He in essence is acting like the architect. He makes the plans, he decides the floor plans and what material will be used etc. The CO of the MP Unit will likely give most of the finer details to one of the junior commissioned officer under his command to look after. Here a Platoon Commander will start to decide, counter tops, location of the house, the size of the garage etc.

Once this stage is complete, orders/blueprints outlining the details are given to the Senior Non Commissioned Officers - These are the guys who have worked their way up the Junior Ranks and are somewhat seasoned - The act as the foreman of the construction company. These guys direct the junior ranks, based on the blue prints devised by the Officer Cadre as to how to go about building the house. If a window is put in the wrong place it is ultimately the fault of the SNCO because he/she is supposed to be overseeing the all the little details of the operation.

MCpls, Generally ensure that the fellas are doing what they were told to do. They ensure the troops have the building materials they need and that they get the required coffee/lunch breaks.

Pte/Cpl are hammering nails, doing the framing, drywall, plumbing etc.

This said, Cpls in the MP world do most of the day to day Military Police activities. Officers manage the ranks. Yes they are issued with a badge (Badges will only be issued to those with the Regular Force Qualification) and may carry a side arm but much of their day is spent coordinating the activities that are to occur - not unlike the county sheriff or chief of police.

There is a program in which Reserve Military Police Officers have the opportunity to conduct equivalency training to meet Regular Force Standards.

I hope this helps

Back