• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Western Canada Reserve Military Police Questions

Hi,

I'm quoting the forces.ca website here, "The minimum academic requirement is a community college diploma in Law and Security Administration, Police Foundations, or a similar program from a recognised Community College or CEGEP."

If I want to AVOTP to MP, would I require the above mentioned, or would I be able to get around the requirement as I am already serving?

OTs do not require a diploma.  Its been a bit since I looked at the exact requirements but your PSO will be able to tell you.

My buddy recently attempted to OT from AVN to MP without an operational tour or the diploma, and he was denied by the PSO. He was directed to obtain the minimum requirements before continuing with his request. Note this is only a requirement for Reg Force MP and should not have any bearing on applying to the res side.

MPMick said:
My buddy recently attempted to OT from AVN to MP without an operational tour or the diploma, and he was denied by the PSO. He was directed to obtain the minimum requirements before continuing with his request. Note this is only a requirement for Reg Force MP and should not have any bearing on applying to the res side.

Although the current entry standards for your branch list those criteria for acceptable OT candidates, anecdotal evidence like this a career management strategy is rarely wise.

Shamrock said:
Although the current entry standards for your branch list those criteria for acceptable OT candidates, anecdotal evidence like this a career management strategy is rarely wise.

I completely agree with you, if one doesn't take the time to ask the questions, no progress can be made, nor can exceptions to the rules apply. I was merely sharing the very recent experience of someone who was in the same boat.

Hey guys, Just so the waters do not get muddied. I will be clear.

1. I am the authority on Res MP Rctg in Western Canada and the Reserve Army Western Military Police Recruiting (1 MP Regt, 15 MP Coy) NCO.

2. I cannot speak to the Regular Force MP Recruiting issues.

3. The Reserve Military Police Platoons in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria, are recruiting hard for members.

4. The CFRC's still have the old recruiting requirement listed. The new ones have been approved they are moving through the chain for approval. I hope they will make it to the CFRC's before christmas.

5. If you have presently meet the following criteria and are interested in the Res MP:

Canadian Citizen, Enrolled in Grade 12, Good Morale Character, Drivers License ...

I want to hear from you soonest.

Let me worry about the current listings at CFRC.

Thanks  :nod:

I have applied for Res MP in Victoria, have passed all testing and interview. The CFRC in Victoria were not aware of the changes as of Oct 15, Now I guess I have to wait.Thanks for this thread, without it I wouldn't have applied.  :salute:

Don't wait get you paper work in order. Word will come down shortly.

ResMP said:
Hey guys, Just so the waters do not get muddied. I will be clear.

1. I am the authority on Res MP Rctg in Western Canada and the Reserve Army Western Military Police Recruiting (1 MP Regt, 15 MP Coy) NCO.

2. I cannot speak to the Regular Force MP Recruiting issues.

3. The Reserve Military Police Platoons in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria, are recruiting hard for members.

4. The CFRC's still have the old recruiting requirement listed. The new ones have been approved they are moving through the chain for approval. I hope they will make it to the CFRC's before christmas.

5. If you have presently meet the following criteria and are interested in the Res MP:

Canadian Citizen, Enrolled in Grade 12, Good Morale Character, Drivers License ...

I want to hear from you soonest.

Let me worry about the current listings at CFRC.

Thanks  :nod:

:goodpost:

Recruiting standards for Army Reservists are much different than those for Regular Force and Air Reserve.  If your supporting/processing RC tells you anything other than what ResMP has provided above, encourage them to contact the unit that you plan on joining...

scs said:
I have applied for Res MP in Victoria, have passed all testing and interview. The CFRC in Victoria were not aware of the changes as of Oct 15, Now I guess I have to wait.Thanks for this thread, without it I wouldn't have applied.  :salute:

Go to the unit! If you send me your contact info (see first post) I will ensure that pers in the unit contact you. The Recruiting Reps at the Respective Platoons will help you navigate the new requirements.

ResMP said:
Go to the unit! If you send me your contact info (see first post) I will ensure that pers in the unit contact you. The Recruiting Reps at the Respective Platoons will help you navigate the new requirements.

Sorry I should have a little clearer in my post. All my paperwork is done. The interviewing Officer said he would check the eligibility requirements and if there was a problem he would let me know. I haven't heard anything so I assume all is good and waiting on a MPAC date.

I'm also trying to get into the Res MP for Victoria. Some help would be appreciated because I've actually left a voice mail and have actually gone down to the unit's HQ and left my name on the sheet on their office door which clearly says "If we are not in the office right now, leave your name/phone# as well as the date and we will get back to you as soon as we can"

I mean I do realize it is the long weekend, but I'm pushing hard for this, because I want to get in. So any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Keylo20 said:
I'm also trying to get into the Res MP for Victoria. Some help would be appreciated because I've actually left a voice mail and have actually gone down to the unit's HQ and left my name on the sheet on their office door which clearly says "If we are not in the office right now, leave your name/phone# as well as the date and we will get back to you as soon as we can"

I mean I do realize it is the long weekend, but I'm pushing hard for this, because I want to get in. So any help would be appreciated, thanks.

There was a recruiting even event set up at the Ashton Armoury Yesterday. We had two members on the floor of the parade square all day.

NinerSix said:
There was a recruiting even event set up at the Ashton Armoury Yesterday. We had two members on the floor of the parade square all day.

Good stuff. I'll send an email to the contact address you gave me NinerSix. Thanks. Also, if ResMP could give me some information as well that might be helpful.  ;)

Keylo20 said:
Good stuff. I'll send an email to the contact address you gave me NinerSix. Thanks. Also, if ResMP could give me some information as well that might be helpful.  ;)

Ask away! ResMP is the authority on this, but if you look at my profile you will see that I am a member of 12 Platoon.

NinerSix said:
Ask away! ResMP is the authority on this, but if you look at my profile you will see that I am a member of 12 Platoon.

Awesome man, can't wait to join. If you dont mind me asking do you know a good way to get into contact with Victoria's Res MP Platoon? I've emailed, phoned, and have actually gone down to the Ashton Armory.

It took me 18 months to get in. Patience is in order.

While we need to recruit quickly, our recruiters do work on a part time basis. Chances are the Victoria recruiting rep will contact you on Wednesday.

I get the feeling you are excited, good. Getting in is not a sprint, it is a marathon.

Bump!

The new recruiting standards have come down to the unit level (finally). We are just finalizing some paper work.

Still looking for good applicants!

Reading this notification put me in such a stupor I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. It is greater than I could have ever even dream of.

So just go through the normal application process with indication to want to sign up for Army Reserves, Military Police and it will be forwarded to the right desk?

I'm currently attending the first year of a Criminology program at Kwantlen Polytechnic University and would be available to start flying or driving to the training grounds about 5 minutes after my final exam is complete on April 24th. Would that time be an acceptable start date for the training process to fit your needs?

One concern that I have is that I am not in the physical shape I was a while ago and have been slowly working myself back into shape but not in an overly large hurry due to no immediate need. Normally I would have no doubt on my ability to pass the physical fitness "EXPRES" test at the start of the training period sometime after my semester completion date but if I understood correctly, reservists take the "EXPRES" test at an earlier date. (Please by all means correct me if I am wrong) When would approximately that date be so I can make an educated guess if it is a physical possibility for me to pass the test in the decreased time frame?

Thanks in advance for your time and your patience,

Murdoch de Mooy

P.S. It is possible to mail me directly through this forums if you would prefer to discuss things in that method.

Now excuse me... Looks like I need to go for a good long jog...  ;D

Back