• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Warning regarding Big Bad John (John Melvin Hill)

airmich said:
Wow.  Amazing that a year has gone by already.  And thanks for the info on the show Mike.  I'm planning on being in Oakville at the meet, but will for sure try to catch it at some point.

As for the people that are out of the loop, I don't know what to say.  I mean, there are lots of us who could tell you all kinds of things, but my personal opinion is that you should watch the show if you're interested and as Mike said, draw your own conclusions.  I think saying much more by anyone would lead to alot more speculation and rumours and stories.  Not saying that it can all be wrong to talk about it, but it also dredges up some moments that some may prefer to leave alone.  To put it short, he was a regular on the site here, became a friend of many members of the boards and is now no longer a member.

I understand, I have seen that type of situation before and I am sure I can kind of gather what may have happened. What kind of had me thrown is how this person would be covered in a show about 'cyber sharks?

I wish I had printed [links long dead] some of his "Plenty-o-Fish" write-ups...........trust us, he's a "cyber shark."

EDIT: Ha!...not as dumb as I thought I was. [Did you all read Roy Hardings post about the long memory of some of the Mod staff here? >:D]

[1] and taken from a post,
MEETING SOMEONE OFFLINE...OMG A LITTLE SCARY....LOOK HERE
Posted: 2/2/2005 10:55:37 PM
I just started to "talk" to a woman on this site last weekend. She lives about 1500 miles from me. I mentioned that I would be in her city next week on business, so we arranged to meet.

Now I work in IT, so I am online a lot. I started to get IM's from hotmail 10 or 12 times a day. Calls too. Then she started to question if I really was working or just avoiding her when I could not "chat".

I have broken the date, and changed hotels. I do consulting work for the Canadian Military, so for the first time I am saying, Thank God for the MP's on the gate. :rofl:

Funny but weird.

[2]
Finding out what you do for a living ceases conversation......
Posted: 1/25/2005 11:12:58 PM
I'm new here, but I've encountered the opposite. Up until 2 years ago I worked in "good" job at Microsoft. I mostly still hung around with people from my former profession (Royal Marines). When I'd go with these friends and we'd meet women. Some women would be very uninterested, because they thought that I was "just another bootneck" Once they found out I was at MS, some just fell over themselves trying to attract me.
Very pityful. If someone can't accept me for me...they have no interest for me.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
[2]
Finding out what you do for a living ceases conversation......
Posted: 1/25/2005 11:12:58 PM
I'm new here, but I've encountered the opposite. Up until 2 years ago I worked in "good" job at Microsoft. I mostly still hung around with people from my former profession (Royal Marines). When I'd go with these friends and we'd meet women. Some women would be very uninterested, because they thought that I was "just another bootneck" Once they found out I was at MS, some just fell over themselves trying to attract me.
Very pityful. If someone can't accept me for me...they have no interest for me.

Personally I find this one ammusing :), I would say they would most likely have not been attracted to him for personal apperance reasons, rather then previous job experience. It has been my experience that women tend to like the soldier type, due to a feeling of personal security, that and i dont know many women that does not appreciate a man in uniform. but that is just my experiences.

My question is:

is there a link between Army.ca and Cybersharks (W5)?

I am so curious!~

HFXCrow said:
is there a link between Army.ca and Cybersharks (W5)?

Hill was a member of army.ca and Hill is going to be in a segment on the show.  Enough of a link?

NO way, us EW types are way too nosey!

enquiring minds want to know!

airmich said:
Hill was a member of army.ca and Hill is going to be in a segment on the show.  Enough of a link?

That pretty much sums it up. As to his actions outside the site we have really no idea.

W5 is doing the story and did their homework on him. I'd say do as Mike asks....watch the program and draw your own conclusions.

Regards

....setting reminder on digital cable for 03 Nov 07

The suspense!

Being curious as I am, i am most definately going to be tuning in to that show, and if i can watch it when it airs i will download it :)

I should point out that to the best of my knowledge no Army.ca members were swindled in any way by John Hill. His targets seemed to be outside our community. I even got a $100 bottle of Lagavulin from him, and I've yet to hear of first hand negative account. It could be that he was attempting to gain acceptance into this group to use it as a legitimizer for his targets. (E.G. "See, I'm ex-military, look at all the contacts I have," or something similar.)

I'm hoping the W-FIVE show will shed some light on his past for us.

Cheers
Mike

Oh also beware if you are a Jewish American Single ... because besides "contracting for the Canadian Military"  ::) he's also a Jewish American Single!!!

Ladies ... this man is out there and has been active trolling as recently as 23 June on the below singles site. He does not limit himself to Plenty O Fish (what an interesting site that is ... I see people!!).

BBJJewishAmericanSingles.jpg

Gee Thanks Army Vern,
Here I thought he was back east with all the rest of you "doctorate's" and now he is using a Calgary AB location.

3rd Herd said:
Gee Thanks Army Vern,
Here I thought he was back east with all the rest of you "doctorate's" and now he is using a Calgary AB location.

It is amazing what you can put on the world wide web. He can be anywhere. Profiles can mean nothing.  ;D

Vern;

Interesting... seems he moved out to Calgary AB!....

The ad you posted states his location as being Calgary AB,  but George's earlier posting of his profile shows that he was connecting through the Ottawa HSE (High Speed Edition - old name) Bell Sympatico DSLAMs.

Running? :)

Reminder: The W-FIVE segment covering John Hill airs tomorrow night at 1900 ET. I've seen a spot for it on CTV, it looks like it will be worth watching.

I just watched the segment and I have my own personal theory why he came to Army.Ca. I think in order for him to more aptly fit the profile of a Royal Marine Major, he came here so he could learn to talk the talk so to speak. My 2 cents.

John Melvin Hill, you are scum and I hope you never know a moment of peace for the rest of your worthless life.

Thanks ArmyVern for posting his singles profile above..  I couldn't help but chuckle when I read:

Kosher?  Not At All

Yup.  Sums it up succinctly,  doesn't it?

Almost time to tune in W5.

I am at work tonight so someone please put up what they have to say about him on W5. Please x 10, thanks in advance.

His excuse for doing committing the frauds, all the lies and different persona's he adopted, to quote him "his way of dealing with his inadequacies".

What a loser. The W5 show just confirmed it and let everyone else know what we knew already.

Ex-Dragoon said:
I just watched the segment and I have my own personal theory why he came to Army.ca. I think in order for him to more aptly fit the profile of a Royal Marine Major, he came here so he could learn to talk the talk so to speak. My 2 cents.

John Melvin Hill, you are scum and I hope you never know a moment of peace for the rest of your worthless life.

Agreed, he came here and sat with us to learn the lingo and how to act the part. I give him credit he researches well. I feel sorry the woman he has used to gain whatever it is he wanted from them at the time.

When I knew John he did good things but that does not make him a good man, nor does it excuse his actions before or after the fact. I am though glad that he set warning bells off for members of this board and that he was stopped on this board before causing a serious incident. And though I personally was not burned I am glad it has made me more aware of those who pose and what they are capable of. I no longer take people on what they say at face value about their military service.

Back