• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wanted to Buy or Trade, original C1/C2 Jump Ruck Straps

F

fraserdw

Ladies and Gentlemen

I am indulging my writing hobby by writing a history of the Jump ruck with diagrams on assembly of the various types.  This will include US and Canadian versions, as well as the booming after-market.  I seeking help on locating and photographing an original C2/C1 rucksack straps assembled and un-assembled.  If anyone has their original pre-P82 straps I would love purchase them or trade for some Canpat Arid pouches I have.  Shout me at fraserdw@yahoo.co.uk or 208-0217 in the Gagetown area.  I know, strange project, it will never get published but it is my idea on fun! 

I am also interested in any pics of after market assemblies.  I currently own CP Gear GENIII and P64 rucks on C1/C2 frames and C1/C2 on C1 frame with P82 straps so I am good on pics for them.  Pics should be high quality as they will have to be printable, all credit will go to the pic originator if this book is published.

Thanks

Just a technicality/semantics I suppose, but I would like to point out that this really is not a "Jump Ruck", although we began to call it that when new rucks were issued and only the CAR and other units with Jump posns kept them.  It was the CF issue ruck from the 1970's up until such time as new rucks replaced them in the mid-80's. 

Thank you George, you are quite correct.  I used that description as it is the most common in use now (for the young fellas).  I too carried the C2 from 80 to 84 as a member of the PPCLI and had a number of other sentimental names for it.

I would be extremely intrested in this book. I have a 64 ruck that "rigger" guy (online here) made. Pretty much same lay out. Just in new(er) condition. I've used it in the sandbox, and even today, for my PT. I love it. I've been thinking of creating an update version of it. Just need the funding and a demand for it. Tons of ideas to do, so little time. I suppose I should keep dreaming.  ;D

Regards,
TN

I have the old strap system but will need to dig them out of storage, I will message you when I find them.

-Steve

TN, roger, my preferred strap system would be the CPGEAR P64 shoulder straps with the CPGEAR GENIII Waist belt on the ALICE frame.  Incredible comfort with all the weight on the hips.  I do not have a preference in bag as yet.  I have the CPGEAR modular GENIII with CTS pockets on it, carries alot, but it does not seem to fit either frame well (too tall and too narrow at the bottom being a square bag).  My CPGEAR P64 bag is OK but with the sack stuffed the flap does not cover storm collar.  I have not tried "Riggermade" or "DZ Tactical" although I have seen pictures.  I do like the 5 pockets of RIGGERMADE.  I use mine exclusively for civie packing and canoeing, one for the wench, one for me and one for the boy with 30L barrel for food. 

There is also a guy named Dale in NS making them but he packs his stuff away for the winter, his is basically ID'd to the original bag but in CADPAT.

Steve, thanks!

Do you have a contact for Dale in Nova Scotia? PM if needed please. The ruck I have is from "Riggermade". He is on this forum. Best money invested, for gucci gear. Minus the knee pads I have. (not for promotion purpose before anyone says it)  ;D

Regards,
TN

nice project fraserdw,
hope it is still ongoing.
I have a 64 frame ruck and although the rubberized cotton bag is still somewhat serviceable I removed it and added a Mystery Ranch ruck bag onto the frame, years ago I added a 84 pattern yoke and butt. let me know if you want some pics.  A few JTAC,s in Petawawa found the setup  pretty good.  I have yet to go see a rigger make the installation more permanent by adding some stitched straps to further secure frame and bag.

Back