• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

want to join the military(infantry) but...

erms

Inactive
Reaction score
Well i have been around the military since I was born. I was born in Chilliwack,BC. I been around. Any ways im halfway through grade 11 and im starting to make my future choices for after school. I hope to join the reserves for the summer and continue to do that through college and take police foundations and then join the regular forces. I have expressed interests in being a MP or a police officer and my dad is fine with that. But what i really want to do is become a infanteer. I know there is assumptions made about being in the infantry. My parents think im to soft hearted to be in the combat arms. I am. But i want to experiance the world first hand. Im not joining for the money or for a job but for the making of a better world.

I know i can do what ever i want because i will be out of my house and my own person. Well i am very interested in becoming an infanteer. Could you clear up the advabtages and disadvantages and what its like. I really hope the military can strenghthen me up. I am not afraid of blood or gruesome sights and i love the outdoors. Ive started working out 3 days aweek for 2 hours.

Also i plan on being a mp reservist in ottawa untill im ready for regular after college any thoughts on that would be very well liked.

Thanks, sincerely

Use the Search Function and read through some of the older threads concerning this topic. Most of your questions, and some that you haven't even thought of yet, have already been answered.

erms said:
I know i can do what ever i want because i will be out of my house and my own person. Well i am very interested in becoming an infanteer. Could you clear up the advabtages and disadvantages and what its like. I really hope the military can strenghthen me up. I am not afraid of blood or gruesome sights and i love the outdoors. Ive started working out 3 days aweek for 2 hours.

Also i plan on being a mp reservist in ottawa untill im ready for regular after college any thoughts on that would be very well liked.

Thanks, sincerely
you may want to work out more frequently, as in more times a week if possible.  On BMQ you will be exercising every day.

The military doesn't strengthen you up. YOU are responsible for your own attributes. The military will however give you experience to help you grow thicker skin.

As far as joining a reserve unit, I work right next to the Reserve MP Platoon here in Ottawa (2100 Walkley Road).  I can send you contacts for the recruiting NCO if you wish.

If you are interested in the Infantry, there is the Cameron Highlanders and Governor General's Foot Guards, both at Cartier Square Hall next to City Hall (100 Laurier).  If you wish I can reach them on Friday and find out who their recruiting NCO is.

OK. I will PM you their emails and phone numbers on Thu or Fri when I get a chance.

Good luck.

Back