• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

John Hines    The judges verdict

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/08/07/10/51/qld-man-guilty-of-impersonating-a-digger

dodger39 said:
John Hines    The judges verdict

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/08/07/10/51/qld-man-guilty-of-impersonating-a-digger

Only $500?

PrairieThunder said:
Only $500?

WE are slow but surely getting the police to take action against these posers but once again we've been let down by the judicary. It absolutely sucks.

John Hines -- We're not finished with him yet. He will never get his book published .

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/convicted-fake-digger-john-hines-spins-black-ops-fantasies-in-memoir-including-following-former-prime-minister-harold-holt/story-fnihsrf2-1226694523201

dodger39 said:
WE are slow but surely getting the police to take action against these posers but once again we've been let down by the judicary. It absolutely sucks.

Perhaps, but like the article mentions, it's a start.

I like this part;

He said there were other fakes around who were impersonating Iraq and Afghanistan veterans.

"We want to nip that in the bud before it takes off with these fellas," he said.

No information available on pic, aside from the caption
Neckbeard up! (Poser alert)
1148947_10151768921928608_683400883_n.jpg

That not a rank of Staff Sgt? Looks a little young to be that crusty...

JesseWZ said:
That not a rank of Staff Sgt? Looks a little young to be that crusty...

The rank badge is for E7 Sergeant First Class; but yea the guy looks a little too young for a E7(I know some Americans have hit E5/E6 around their mid 20s). At least he didn't cover the ACU with every skill and combat badge in the Army like a lot of others.

Are we sure this guy isn't an airsofter? Judging by the tents in the background I would guess this is a re-enactment location?

I saw two guys "kitted out" at the Chinook Mall this Saturday.  Both with nice "tactical operator" backpacks.. SOG knife on the side, velcro patches all covered up, tan boots, IR locators on the bags, etc.. etc.. I feel like supplying my image to that website about the military bags..

Bzzliteyr said:
Are we sure this guy isn't an airsofter? Judging by the tents in the background I would guess this is a re-enactment location?

No idea, just came across the photo with caption on a Facebook group(Terminal Lance). Tried a google search on the image to see if I could find another source that might have back ground info, but that came up with nothing.

Kind of weird seeing one dude in a uniform while everyone else is in regular clothing though. Curious to know what the plastic tag on the shirt says.

Bzzliteyr said:
I saw two guys "kitted out" at the Chinook Mall this Saturday.  Both with nice "tactical operator" backpacks.. SOG knife on the side, velcro patches all covered up, tan boots, IR locators on the bags, etc.. etc..

High speed operators for sure  :p

-Skeletor- said:
The rank badge is for E7 Sergeant First Class; but yea the guy looks a little too young for a E7(I know some Americans have hit E5/E6 around their mid 20s). At least he didn't cover the ACU with every skill and combat badge in the Army like a lot of others.
If you look closely you can also a see a yellow undershirt peeking out which gives yet another example of how he is most likely an imposter.

3 chevrons and 2 rockers is a Gunnery Sgt.

oops....no crossed rifles, so it's army, not marines...so 1st Class Sgt is right. ::)

From the first look, he's a regular guy who bought his uniform from salvation army so that he would look cool working at a campsite. IMO

Cbbmtt said:
From the first look, he's a regular guy who bought his uniform from salvation army so that he would look cool working at a campsite. IMO

I want to know where his radio is? He's got a handmike over his right shoulder, but he's not wearing a belt of anything, so where's the radio?

Probably clipped at his waist behind his right (left?) shoulder.

Here is a gem that you guys/girls should get a kick out of; cadets wearing their dads equipment to school... 4/5 times a week 

I have to elaborate on this one, He is a " reg force weapons tech" from "pet" while in grade 11, for careers class he dressed in FFO and taught the class what it meant to be in the CF and how long and hard the process was to get in. Whether he wears his dads arid boots to school or small pack daily, he normally gets dressed in one or two pieces of kit at the least every day.
milnet.jpg (197.98 kB, 1360x716 - viewed 374 times.)

I know this guy from cadets, he left a few years ago, hes a lot of talk, not a bad guy per say but still a bit of a poser, his dad was, a supply tech for JTF2, or at the very least the RCR (meet the guy, hes pretty legit). Could be in the CF nowadays, but hes to busy messing around with his buds, it seems.

**Edit**
This was a good 6 hour read from start to finish but definetly helped my shift past faster lol thanks for the read guys! :)

Bzzliteyr said:

I saw two guys "kitted out" at the Chinook Mall this Saturday.  Both with nice "tactical operator" backpacks.. SOG knife on the side, velcro patches all covered up, tan boots, IR locators on the bags, etc.. etc.. I feel like supplying my image to that website about the military bags..

those patches he has, kinda look like the US's state versions of their "militia" "paramilitary" or whatever they are called,  I think it might be State Defense forces. they handle security alot at a governah fundraising events etc. Each state has one(or can choose to) with their own rank structure, alot of time apparently US forces members get out, retire etc and join and its s direct conversion in rank, and sometimes pay.

Can you imagine if Quebec, Ontario had their own "State Defense Forces??"""""

Back