• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

waiting for call

G

Greeny

I have done all my tests and the interview and my interviewer said i will probably get called in march (he said i had a good application).I was wondering if anybody here was in the same situation.

just wait till March, for your call, if you dont get it, all your CFRC

I assume your going Reg Force?

Actually, Id suggest calling a week or so early. But dont pester. Often the clerks are very hard at work, and dont have time to keep telling you they have no idea. Its not just at their level that your file has to be processed.

Calling to check up on your file can only show your interest, and can help speed up finding your file, should it have been lost.

I resently got my call and i start basic april 8.
wooo yeah! PPCLI!

Greeny, do you do JLRC at St Jean or do you go out west for that?

The recruiter told me that he wants to fit me in for the course in April, so its possible that we run into each other.

were you told which Battalion you‘re going to?

no i do not know which Batallion although i very much want to be in the third.

JLRC is the Junior Leadership and Recruit Course... Its the Basic Training that everyone does before guys like you and me go to Infantry Battleschool. (correct me if I‘m wrong, please.)

Where do you go on April 8th? Is it St Jean, Quebec?

Hmmm..... doing a JLC course before you are even MOC qualified? doesn‘t seem right to me... I know that here in Malitia world, JLC (now PLQ) is usually done after you get your QL5‘s (as for us Engineers, PLQ is a prereq. for MCpl) not sure about any other trades.

I think you misinterpreted what the recruiter said, Ithink you should have heard, successful applicants will attend a 10-week Basic Recruit Training Course at Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School (CFLRS), Saint-Jean, Quebec.
Then you would go on to your battleschool.

Any Reg.Force Inf out there to confirm this?

Chimo!

Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School (CFLRS), Saint-Jean, Quebec.
I think you‘re right about this. Sorry for the confusion.

*laugh*. common mistake.

The Recruit School part of CFLRS is for BRT (basic recruit training) which all private recruits undergo.

All OCdts undergo IAP/BOTP (Initial Assessment Period/Basic Officer Training Program) in the Leadership School division of CFLRS.

The mega in st -jean is literally divided into sectors, for those who‘ve never been there, one side being primarily BRT, the other IAP/BOTP.

OCdts also get single rooms in pods, whereas Recruits get less hospitable accomodation. :) Partly why officers are despised from the start i think ;-0

Back