• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Release

Candg

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey

I've been a long time lurker of this website. Finding many useful posts as needed. I'm in a bit of a hard situation right now and would appreciate some help ?

I am currently on Pat platoon in CFB Gagetown. I was a reservist 6-7 years ago and completed Bmq and bmq-l at that time. I released in the same year from the reserves to do a co-op university program taking my summers away (not being able to ever complete Dp1).

I applied for reg force about a year ago and after everything was accepted as a recruit school bypass. Although because of the 6 years time frame they may be making me redo the bmq and sq again now. I never did any trade training with the reserves and haven't done anything with the reg force just be on PAT platoon.

On a personal side I have been going through marrital issues and since joining and being away from home my partner has decided to separate and start the divorce process after the required year separation. I have a small baby girl which means the entire world to me back in NLFD.

Being in the forces right now will mean dealing with all this while trying to become trade qualified. And also, I will not get any custody of my daughter since it's impossible to be posted where they are located. I feel as if my whole world is collapsing around me. And not having my daughter in my life is not an option. Because of this I would like to request a VR. I know it can take up to six months but I need to be out as soon as possible, as time is a virtue going through a custody agreement and preparing for divorce.

Does anyone have any idea how I would go about requesting a VR, and possibly within 30 days?  Will my request even get approved?  As I have mentioned I am not trade qualified and have not don't any courses with the reg force since being enrolled.

Thanks very much

Good afternoon,

IAW with CFAO 15-2 (Release Regular Force) (37)

BASIC MILITARY OCCUPATION TRAINING

A member who enrolled on or after 1 Jan 82 and who, within the first three years of service requests voluntary release while undergoing basic military occupation training, will not receive approval except when compassionate circumstances exist.

However a CANFORGEN 022/03 Release in the first three years specified that:

REF: CFAO 15-2  ANNEX A PARA 37

THE PURPOSE OF REF WAS TO ENSURE A RETURN OF THE COST OF BASIC RECRUIT TRG. HOWEVER, IN THE CONTEXT OF INCREASED RECRUIT TRG AS WE ARE EXPERIENCING NOW, IT IS RECOGNIZED THAT HOLDING LARGE NUMBERS OF DEMOTIVATED / DISSATISFIED PERSONNEL ON BTL WOULD BE COUNTERPRODUCTIVE TO THE INCREASED RECRUITING DRIVE AND IS ADMINISTRATIVELY TAXING TO THE CF

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY REF IS CHANGED TO: A MEMBER WHO WITHIN THE FIRST THREE YEARS OF SERVICE REQUESTS VOLUNTARY RELEASE WHILE UNDERGOING BASIC MILITARY OCCUPATION TRAINING WILL NOT RECEIVE APPROVAL UNLESS MILITARY AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS ARE COMPATIBLE. IN SUCH CASES THE APPROVING AUTHORITY AT NDHQ MAY REDUCE THE THREE YEAR REQUIREMENT

Given the above, my recommendation is to speak to your chain of command to determine if you meet the requirements for a VW.  Your personal circumstances may weigh in the decision but the needs of the CAF will be considered as well.  In your favor I note that you have a recruit school bypass.  Specifically you have not incurred any training at CAF expense so this may also weigh into any decision about waiving the three year period.

Regards

Andraste

Back