• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Visitation every sunday during first four weeks?

ICEDEAR

Inactive
Reaction score
when i got in there was three hour visiting every sunday where your family can come see you, did they cut that out at CFB borden? LMK

ICEDEAR said:
when i got in there was three hour visiting every sunday where your family can come see you, did they cut that out at CFB borden? LMK

And when did you get in?  What course were you on?  Regular, Reserve or Cadets?  Army, Navy or Air Force?  Any other details you'd like to share to provide context?

i did my basic at borden jan 07, reg force. army. my wife is in basic at borden right now. i thought the question was clear enough. is there visitation at borden on sundays during the first four weeks of their course

ICEDEAR said:
i did my basic at borden jan 07, reg force. army. my wife is in basic at borden right now. i thought the question was clear enough. is there visitation at borden on sundays during the first four weeks of their course

Start using capitalization and punctuation where appropriate please.

Milnet.ca Staff

ICEDEAR said:

Why don't you ask your wife?  Or have her ask her instructors?  They'd be better equipped to give you a correct answer.

Does this help?

http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/cms_images/navres_images/units/bmqjoining%20instrjun08.pdf

Under section 24:

24. You will be permitted to receive visits from
your parents and friends during specified hours.
During the first four weeks, you will be able to
receive visitors on Sunday afternoons from 1100hrs
– 1500hrs. On completion of week four, the
Commanding Officer has prescribed the following
visiting hours for recruits:
a. Saturday from 1300 hrs to 2200 hrs;
b. Sunday from 0830 hrs to 1800 hrs;
c. Statutory holidays from 1300 hrs to 1800
hrs; and
d. evening prior to graduation from 1900 hrs
to 2200 hrs

SEE POST BELOW

Hope this helps..

Nites

To avoid confusion between current policy and previous course or other on line sourses, NRTD staff have confirmed that there are NO visitation privilages during the first four weeks.  The staff are in the process of up dating the official joining instructions and requesting that previous version from the internet be removed.

Orca73,

Have there been any changes to visitation privileges AFTER the first 4 weeks?

Thanks,

Nites

Sorry for the delay in answering the follow-up question. I was waiting to confirm with the Staff here in Borden, from week 5 until graduation recruits are normally granted weekend passes.  With a signed leave pass, recruits have permission to leave the base or have visitor's in.  However, visitor's should be aware that platoons could have their leave revoked and be confined to base at any time (example-misbehaviour, not completing tasks correctly, etc).  It is recommend those planning to visit or pick up a recruit to contact the recruit prior to departing to ensure their weekend leave is still approved.

Back