• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Very impressed with rifle I fired today. Want army guys opnions...

Police Ordinance sells used one for around that price,not worth it as far as I am concerned then again I cannot stand the Glock to begin with.

MG34,

I still thing they're as ugly as hell,, but my G23 went almost 5K without anything resembling cleaning and never missed a beat.  I finally cleaned it because I was feeling guilty.  My wife's G17 is at about 2K and my G19 is around 2600 rds without a stoppage of any kind.  That kind of reliability kind of gets my attention.  Of course my Mk III BHP is going on 2K with no stoppages whatsoever - amazing what good mags and ammo will do for reliability!!

P{olice Ordnance is up around 900 now for the pistol with 2 mags and Trijicons.

Take care,

Blake

I don't doubt that they may be reliable but the poor grip angle of the Glock make it a loser in my books.

What are your opinions on the HK USP9? I fired one at the range the same day as the CX4, and it was immensely comfortable, and dare I say accurate. I had the best shoot of all the pistols used with the USP9  8)

I own a USP .45 Tactical and am very impressed with the reliability,ergonomics,and finish on the pistol.The USP 9,.40 and.45 are good to go.My only complaint is the plastic used on the magazine base plates which can shatter when the mags are dropped on a hard surface.Other than that I am impressed with mine and others I have fired.

MG34,

I'm glad everyone's a little different, because the Glock grip angle works OK for me ;D - definitely not a 1911 or BHP, but it works fine.  On the other hand I had a tough time with the HK...

WRT the plastic base plates, I use the machined aluminum ones from CPMI on my Glocks and my Browning (wish they made them for Sigs other than the 225) and they seem to work very well.  If you like, I'll throw some for the HK on my next order and you can try them out...

Blake

FWIW  Kimber is replacing my barrel - they considered it an anomoly.

GT please hit me up on the G info - I dropped about $1.1k on my 17 with Night Sights and 4 mags.  I've had a 23 and 21 - and have never enjoyed them but in someways they are the perfect pistol for people who don't get to shoot alot - Pull trigger go bang, repeat as necessary...

Having been a member of the CCG for 15 years, I can tell you that there is a lot of internal resistance to arming them. Our CG is more of a Merchant Marine than a military service. However I think the writing is on the wall at it will happen, sooner if there is a terrorist incident on the water in North America or Europe.

When it does happen I expect to see .50cals on the ships with pistols and shotguns for the crews. However I think there would be concern within to issue either a SMG or a Carbine version of the M16. In which case a pistol calibre carbine like the Storm or one of the others might be a good transition weapon.

Training the CCG to use .50cals would not be hard or expensive. Training them to be a boarding party and maintaining those skills throughout the fleet will be hard and expensive. Likely CCG ships armed with the .50cal would be used as support for dedicated boarding teams from the navy or RCMP.

I personally think that all new built CCG ships should be designed with hard points for mounting self-contained weapon systems up to 76mm, plus ship protection systems (chafe, etc)

Back