• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Vehicle Technician - Reserve

johnsmith2020

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I am interested in joining the Primary Reserves as a Vehicle technician or a Medical assistant. I've found some threads on medical assistant and most of my questions have been answered in that regard but I'm just curious as to what the chances of a medical assistant ever getting a chance to be upgraded to a medical technician (through specialty training) is?

Also I've read that medical assistants have the "prehospital skill set of an Emergency Medical Responder with some additional military protocols that include such things like IV's, catheter insertion, supraglottic airway, epinephrine, needle decompression, haemostatic gauze, tourniquet, intraosseous insertion, pelvic binders, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, tetracaine, moxifloxacin, glucose gel and CBRN protocols." How accurate is this information found in the thread below?

Medical Assistant - Reserve

As for a reserve vehicle technician how long would it take to progress to your QL5 (in terms of years spent in from beginning of military career to the start of QL5 training) as I'd like to get a red seal for automotive service technician but can't decide if I should do it through the military reserve or on my own in the civilian world.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

I am also new to the forums so if this is not the right place to post this please let me know and I'll move it. Thank you.

Back