• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Veh Tech Training

J

jimbah

I'm joining the reserves this summer but I'm not too sure which job to pick.  I was thinking of going as a veh tech but I heard that the only veh tech training I would get in my first summer would be learning to drive the trucks. I know I have to learn to drive them if I want to fix them, but will I get any tech training at all this summer? 

I'm also in school to be an engineer and wanted to know exacty what I would do as an engineering officer in the reserves. Is it similar to any civy job?

Thanks for any help.

I doubt you will get any tech training, this summer.  First you have to do BMQ, then EME Common, then QL3.

vech tech training is approx 13 weeks long and will take your entire summer, The other possibility is that you can get on a reg force course, and only do the reserve half of it. Which goes on in the fall/winter times. So if your in school, looks like you will be doing your bmq/sq/driver wheel all during the summer and first fall/winter and then the next summer your off to CFSEME to do your QL3 as a veh tech.

Back