• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC

Guitar_freak

Inactive
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how long it takes VAC to come back with another offer if I want a review ? Thanks

Well, all I can tell you is my example. I just requested a review on my condition and they advised me they will contact me in 3 or 4 months so basically nothing is going to get started until March 2022 timeframe. The nice thing about Reviews and Reassessments is they tend to get Completed faster than a normal VAC claim. Well, from my own experience, they have for me anyway.

The Ombuddy is not impressed, and she's a retired Colonel:

Ombud says veterans struggling needlessly as Ottawa ignores her recommendations​

The problems identified by the watchdog's office since 2017 include long wait times for veterans to find out whether they qualify for disability benefits and assistance. Those waits have been especially long for women and francophones injured while in uniform

Ombud says veterans struggling needlessly as Ottawa ignores her recommendations

Well guys, here goes. I have my first meeting with VAC and a RCL rep in Angus today. To be honest I am nervous. I feel awkward asking for anything because I look at friends of mine who lost limbs in A-stan and feel like I should be thankful.
However, I do have an injured hip, knee and ankle (all on one side) and my wife says she can see me slowing down significantly as I approach 50. I was warned by an MO in my mid 30s, that my injuries would affect me more as I aged.
I have been hesitant to approach VAC in the past as I am easily intimidated by government bureaucracies. So here goes.

All the best with your meeting, Rick. Hopefully you’re dealt with fairly and completely by VAC. 👍🏼

Well guys, here goes. I have my first meeting with VAC and a RCL rep in Angus today. To be honest I am nervous. I feel awkward asking for anything because I look at friends of mine who lost limbs in A-stan and feel like I should be thankful.
However, I do have an injured hip, knee and ankle (all on one side) and my wife says she can see me slowing down significantly as I approach 50. I was warned by an MO in my mid 30s, that my injuries would affect me more as I aged.
I have been hesitant to approach VAC in the past as I am easily intimidated by government bureaucracies. So here goes.
Good luck Rick. (y)

Back