• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

Rifleman2003

I suggest you send an email to the Minister. Addresses at the web page: https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/contact

Also send it to her second email address, the parliamentary address. CC your MP.

Get all you dates together from My VAC Account or your letters from VAC.

Subject line could be: 72 Weeks Waiting For VAC Resolution.

VAC and I have been playing a fun game for the past 4 months.  I call it "screw the vet", not sure what VAC calls it.  The game goes like this:  the case manager calls and leaves a voice message to call her back at the 1-866 number, nothing more.  I call back and get the duty analyst.  Its always a male for some reason.  Anyway, I tell the analyst that Ms Case Manager called me and I am to call back.  He looks up my file and then says "there are no notes here so not sure what she wants to discuss."  Then analyst connects me to Ms Case Managers extension where I leave a message and call back number.  The next week I get a voice message from Case Manager "calling me back" and then, this is the best part, she jacks me up for not dealing with the issue with the analyst, and then she instructs me to call her back at the 1-866 number.  I call the 1-866 number and get the duty analyst (different man) and explain that I am to call and address the "issue" (still not sure what the issue is at this point).  Well duty guy then looks up my file, no notes, connect to extension, etc.....and the game continues.  We have been playing it for 4 months now.  For bonus points, I have her number and occasionally leave a voice message (she is always seems to be with another client when I phone). 

Same answer as above. Include any names you have e.g your case manager.

I myself am really enjoying the new wait time tool on the website(sarcasm). Especially when every week, conditions increase by one week wait time. Hoping that all of our comments are read by powers that be and maybe changes will be made that actually assist and not hinder. Until then will continue to follow the carrot, best of luck to all.

Rifleman62 said:
Rifleman2003

I suggest you send an email to the Minister. Addresses at the web page: https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/contact

Also send it to her second email address, the parliamentary address. CC your MP.

Get all you dates together from My VAC Account or your letters from VAC.

Subject line could be: 72 Weeks Waiting For VAC Resolution.

Yeah I did email their office. But given recent news about her and the PM’s office, I’m sure it will go unanswered and Veterans will be ignored at least until the next election is over.

Her staff will look at it. She will probably never see it, but the Minister may get a few seconds briefing just to be aware. Did you MP answer? Give the Minister/MP 10 days, then follow-up.Let them know you aren't going to fold. After 10 days, no reply, go after them again, then 5 days, then 2 days.

Got a message yesterday on myVAC that they are working on july/august 2018 and that my claim from Dec 18 will be done in a few weeks.  ^-^

Must be the most enthusiastic timeline I've ever received from them. Claim still didn't change from Step 1 but they said that they got all the paperwork and now just waiting to be done. It's more of a gong show than before.

meni0n said:
Got a message yesterday on myVAC that they are working on july/august 2018 and that my claim from Dec 18 will be done in a few weeks.  ^-^

Must be the most enthusiastic timeline I've ever received from them. Claim still didn't change from Step 1 but they said that they got all the paperwork and now just waiting to be done. It's more of a gong show than before.

My Feb 18 claim didn't get the message apparently.

Well I must say their system is completly disfunctional, my file has been open since July 2017 and it is not a complicated injury or the events are not mysterious. It has been well documented for the past 12 years but yet not answer and they do not know why I have not got a decision yet and now they are processing August 2017 I was told. 
Earning loss is another disfunctional aspect, why a civilian company like manulife can figure out my pourcentage and deposit the amount within 2 weeks and veterans affairs took 2 months to accomplish the same task? Of course the catch all excuse is they are overwhelmed with demands!

"Posted by: Tech1963
« on: Yesterday at 09:49:08 » Insert Quote
Well I must say their system is completly disfunctional, my file has been open since July 2017 and it is not a complicated injury or the events are not mysterious. It has been well documented for the past 12 years but yet not answer and they do not know why I have not got a decision yet and now they are processing August 2017 I was told. 
Earning loss is another disfunctional aspect, why a civilian company like manulife can figure out my pourcentage and deposit the amount within 2 weeks and veterans affairs took 2 months to accomplish the same task? Of course the catch all excuse is they are overwhelmed with demands!"

Contact the ombudsman office on Monday, they have said before that they are able to start a redzone if they have moved the current working service standard start date past the start date of your file. Hopefully that helps.

So I got bored and ended up doing some work in Excel. All the data comes from VAC reports. I could only find information going back about 4 years. You can see the steady decline in claims that are decided with in the Service Standard time frame. You will also notice after a surge of Disability award claims during Fiscal year 15/16, the amount of claims has actually dropped slightly in the last 2 years. VAC forecasts DB Awards to stay fairly level for 18/19.

Attachments

• Service Standard.jpg
    Service Standard.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 169
  • DB Awards.jpg
    DB Awards.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 161
Looking for some info guys.

Osteoarthritis.

I have roughly nine or ten different locations. I can file for each individually, or use their 5 and more application.
Anybody have to decide this before?  Any idea if it makes a difference which one is used?

Cheers

I would take that information with a grain of salt since if we got four people to call today they would speak to four different people at VAC and get four different answers.  Just my $0.02

Just received my decision. 79 weeks after the service standard start date. Almost 2 years since the beginning of my application. I’m happy with the decision as well so I’m not going to complain.

Do you guys think that after April first with the roll out of the new benefits + the new budget that claims will go through a bit faster?

JP199999 said:
Do you guys think that after April first with the roll out of the new benefits + the new budget that claims will go through a bit faster?

Hopefully. I think it will still take awhile to bring all the staff up to speed tho.

JP199999 said:

When I am wearing my tinfoil hat, I think the reason claims have slowed as badly as they have was to get more people to take a monthly payment and spread the cost out more.

It's getting more ridiculous. I've had a claim sitting at stage 1 since December. I sent a secure message asking what's going on. Got this response.

"The Benefits Program Officers are curently working on the demand at prep. summary of July/August 2018."

This is exactly the same response that I got in February. So since February, they didn't do any progress or most likely they're just lying again. Had a claim I filed at a later date that
moved to Stage 3 already.

Back