• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC wait times

Mediman14

Member
Reaction score
12
Points
180
As someone had mention before, according to one of the VAC Reprasentive, it does take up to 6 six to receive a lump sum payment. Also, for a new assessment/ new condition, the wait time apparently is 45 weeks. Apparently they are working on initial assessments from April 2017. I understand they may have many more applications compared to previous years, but I can't help wonder how long it takes a person to look thru applications!
 

meni0n

Sr. Member
Reaction score
3
Points
230
They told me they're working on initial assessments from november 2018. Can never trust anything a vac rep tells you. How the heck did we land in such situation where reps are lying and giving arbitrary dates just to get vets off the phone.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

 

Mediman14

Member
Reaction score
12
Points
180
Menion, Thanking for letting me know about what you was told. I agree with you, it is so sad that people are being lied to. What purpose does it serve? Do they not realize it will only reflect on them?
 

upandatom

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
NavyShooter said:
I submitted my first claim for hearing loss last evening.  Included the report from my med docs that shows the measured specific frequency range loss that exactly corresponds with the frequency range of our ship's Active SONAR systems - which I maintained for 26 years.

We'll see how long it takes...I suspect...a long time based on this thread.

Hearing is usually pretty fast.... Mine was 4 weeks in 2016, if your ENT straight up says it is from TI, you should be good to go.
 

TCM621

Sr. Member
Subscriber
Reaction score
154
Points
430
meni0n said:
Is this something new? I usually had a deposit within a week after submitting the form.

A buddy of mine just got a claim approved. He elected for a lump sum but they told him he has to sign a form. So he signs the form and uploads it to his MYVac account. He was told at that point he has to wait 6 weeks. According to VAC, it has to be signed by 3 people and sent to the bank, who needs to vet it and then set up the fund transfer.


 

kalobis

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
10
Some stuff takes a while. I had another child and it took more than five months to have him added to my monthly pension payment.
 

DannyMcGun

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
meni0n said:
Is this something new? I usually had a deposit within a week after submitting the form.

I can confirm that it took over 4 weeks to recieve the lump sum form by mail(yes by snail mail)  after I requested it from VAC ...and upon uploading it to my Vac account after signing it, (it takes days before they get it as it goes through their web security), THEN it’s 6 weeks from when the VAC unit assigned begins work on it (massive backlog according to them) because apparently most of us are taking a lump sum over their Pain&Suffering for Life ....and thus they put it on us that it’s our fault instead of taking responsibility and doing something to resolve it.  In speaking with the Veterans Ombudsman Office, this 6 weeks after they receive the lump sum form, is temporary as they work through the backlog. I was told it shouldn’t increase past 6 weeks. But we’ve been told many times that timings will be temporary, until they kept adding weeks and weeks to processing. I hope for everyone that their claims and payments are processed quickly and with as little pain as possible. I’m not a defeatist just a realist. Keep plugging at it and fight for what is fair and just.

CHIMO 
 

calgary_Bill

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Was told today that as of 8 July, Adjudication for reassessments was working on claims dated July 2018.  I had a claim approved over seven months ago, but additional medical information was required to complete the reassessment.  This required info was sent in January 2019. At this rate, I expect to get this completed in about 6-7 months.  On a more positive note, a request for VIP was approved in about two weeks after I had seen a VA Doc. At the outset of this process, I was told by the BPA folks, who are excellent, to be patient, so I guess it will work out in the end.
 

meni0n

Sr. Member
Reaction score
3
Points
230
Claim sat in stage 1 for 6 months and now is suspended as a more current diagnosis is needed. Made appointment with doc next week but this feels like it will take more than a year and a half to process.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

 

Declajaz

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Called VAC yesterday and they cannot give much more information on reassessments than you can see on the APP other than the oldest file they are working on. 
They did however state that my file for my reassesment and my first time claim for an injury related to one I was already awarded has gone through med review back in may and has for all intents and purposes been finished since may 31st. They are just waiting on writing the letters. I asked why this would take 6 weeks plus if the files are done and I was told that department has a big back log and could be another few weeks before they even get to my file to write my letters.
So even after a file is finished another section of the department has to handle it ri write out the results.
 

JP199999

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I also had a claim completed recently, had to wait almost 2 weeks to get the lump sum form and then was told it would be "a maximum of 6 weeks" before I see funds deposited in my account. A complete joke IMO as they keep adding new hurdles every time you think something is getting better... I am also pissed off as my claims from before 1 April 2019 were completed afterwards therefore I am not eligible for a lump sum as well as the additional monthly amount. It would be nice to get both as you would get the benefit of cash now and a small monthly amount forever... I think they should treat claims that were submitted before 1 april 2019 as claims that were approved before this date.

I suggest everyone email the minister, and if you have time re-send the same message to the minister's parliament address too.

vac.minister-ministre.acc@canada.ca

Ill be interested to see what happens with the elections and if the libs get punted to see how if at all the next gvt will change things for vets. I asked the conservatives what their platform is for vets/mil, but they replied saying they have not released anything yet, so a big nothing lol 

Cheers, and hopefully you guys start seeing some movement on your benefits soon.
 

Wolfeyez

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Arggg! Why does VAC need to send files to different "units"? At no time can I get a straight answer from these people. Every time I ask for an update it is a different answer and it seems like they just want to baffle you with bullshit and hope you go away. What the heck is a "Medical Advisor Unit" and why is it needed (asking because I don't know). Also, does anyone know at which stage this Medical Advisor Unit is (hopefully near the end of the claim process)? I am hoping all is near conclusion, but have been advised this Medical Advisor Unit has a "normal" turnaround time of 90 days to submit their review (to who?).

So far my claim process has been 25 months.
 

Declajaz

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Just got off the phone with VAC. My reassesment claim was approved (More than double the "average wait time")and I had requested a lump sum payment form almost 2 weeks ago. I called today to see if it was sent and was told that the request was put in 2 weeks ago for the form....but it hasnt been sent out yet because that section is so far behind.
He placed another request for me and said he hopes it will be sent out soon, and then started to give me timelines for payments that were incorrect (he said min 60 days, when in fact everything I have read and have been told was 6 weeks.) I informed him of this and after refusing to admit he may be wrong he looked it up. I was right offical timings say 6 weeks.
Now a bit frustrated that nothing has been done yet I asked about a first time claim of mine that had come back from Med review in early June and was for all intents and purposes finished on an adjudicators desk waiting for the letter to be sent. I was told this information on 3 seperate occasions  from different VAC frontline staff since early June.
I let him know this after he told me that he can give me zero information on my file except it is in progress.
He then berated me for knowing information about my file and said Veterans are not allowed to know the progress of their file and no one at VAC was supposed to answer any questions about any file if asked. Told me that I shouldn't even be asking questions and that they shouldn't be giving me any answers because it could cause problems.
I was rather shocked with how rude he was and how he handled it. Not sure who is training these folks, but theyre doing a piss poor job of it.
 

meni0n

Sr. Member
Reaction score
3
Points
230
Do they not do electronic forms for that anymore? Last time I was able to just submit the form on My Vac account.
 

TCM621

Sr. Member
Subscriber
Reaction score
154
Points
430
Declajaz said:
Just got off the phone with VAC. My reassesment claim was approved (More than double the "average wait time")and I had requested a lump sum payment form almost 2 weeks ago. I called today to see if it was sent and was told that the request was put in 2 weeks ago for the form....but it hasnt been sent out yet because that section is so far behind.
He placed another request for me and said he hopes it will be sent out soon, and then started to give me timelines for payments that were incorrect (he said min 60 days, when in fact everything I have read and have been told was 6 weeks.) I informed him of this and after refusing to admit he may be wrong he looked it up. I was right offical timings say 6 weeks.
Now a bit frustrated that nothing has been done yet I asked about a first time claim of mine that had come back from Med review in early June and was for all intents and purposes finished on an adjudicators desk waiting for the letter to be sent. I was told this information on 3 seperate occasions  from different VAC frontline staff since early June.
I let him know this after he told me that he can give me zero information on my file except it is in progress.
He then berated me for knowing information about my file and said Veterans are not allowed to know the progress of their file and no one at VAC was supposed to answer any questions about any file if asked. Told me that I shouldn't even be asking questions and that they shouldn't be giving me any answers because it could cause problems.
I was rather shocked with how rude he was and how he handled it. Not sure who is training these folks, but theyre doing a piss poor job of it.


Did you get his name? I would call back with a complaint. In fact, I would have demanded to talk to his supervisor. It wouldn't be the first time, I've had to do it.
 

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
202
Points
710
Sent in all my stuff in March. Two claims. They didn't appear in My VAC for weeks, until I called and asked why. No idea they said. Within a week it showed. Now, this week, while still sitting at Stage1. They sent me the med forms......again, saying to fill them out and mail them back. That was done back in March. Now I have to go back to the Doctor and have her do them again. I am still at Stage 1 and my 16 weeks won't start until they get their duplicate paperwork and get around to looking at it. Then I'll move to Stage 2. March til now. Absolutely nothing.

What a fucked up, bullshitting bunch of boneheads
 

meni0n

Sr. Member
Reaction score
3
Points
230
Fishbone Jones said:
Sent in all my stuff in March. Two claims. They didn't appear in My VAC for weeks, until I called and asked why. No idea they said. Within a week it showed. Now, this week, while still sitting at Stage1. They sent me the med forms......again, saying to fill them out and mail them back. That was done back in March. Now I have to go back to the Doctor and have her do them again. I am still at Stage 1 and my 16 weeks won't start until they get their duplicate paperwork and get around to looking at it. Then I'll move to Stage 2. March til now. Absolutely nothing.

What a ****ed up, bullshitting bunch of boneheads
I had a claim sit at stage 1 since Dec 18 and they just suspended it a week ago saying they need the doc to fill out the form. Didn't mail anything. Had to print it myself. I always make sure to get a copy of the forms that the doc fills out, scan them and upload with my vac in addition to the doctor faxing them. I find when upload them, no one can claim that they were lost somewhere and it makes it move faster to stage 3.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

 

Wolfeyez

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
meni0n said:
I had a claim sit at stage 1 since Dec 18 and they just suspended it a week ago saying they need the doc to fill out the form. Didn't mail anything. Had to print it myself. I always make sure to get a copy of the forms that the doc fills out, scan them and upload with my vac in addition to the doctor faxing them. I find when upload them, no one can claim that they were lost somewhere and it makes it move faster to stage 3.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Good information for all.
 

280 lady

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Vac wait times are so slow and the more questions I ask the more impatient my case manager gets! Wanna reach through the phone and strangle the ignorant piss ant! I was given 10% 2 years ago, reassessment was received April 2nd 2019 and they say there still working on claims from 2018. Like WTF! In the mean time I'm great one day and make lists of people I wanna obliterate the next. I'm so frustrated. My family disowned ME, my friends think I'm right retarded and vac employees are a bunch of self ritious, judgemental imbeciles that don't give a fuck about vets. Yet our great spinner for the media called the ombudsmen is a joke! As long as the media portrays vets being well taken care of when in fact some days just talking to a vac rep makes me want to throw myself in front of a first place semi in a semi race. Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for there little earnings loss benefit I'd have nothing and most likely have checked out by now. BUT frankly they can take there condescending tones and godly self ritious undertones and ques and shove it up there ass. I signed an open ended cheque up to and including my life when my piss ant case manager would not. Am I all deserving? No! Do I deserve more or better service than the next brother in line?? Absolutely fucking not!! But as vets I think we have earned the right to be treated like an adult! Not a fucking 5 year old BEGGING for a cookie!! NAVY OUT
 

TCM621

Sr. Member
Subscriber
Reaction score
154
Points
430
280 lady said:
Vac wait times are so slow and the more questions I ask the more impatient my case manager gets! Wanna reach through the phone and strangle the ignorant piss ant! I was given 10% 2 years ago, reassessment was received April 2nd 2019 and they say there still working on claims from 2018. Like WTF! In the mean time I'm great one day and make lists of people I wanna obliterate the next. I'm so frustrated. My family disowned ME, my friends think I'm right retarded and vac employees are a bunch of self ritious, judgemental imbeciles that don't give a frig about vets. Yet our great spinner for the media called the ombudsmen is a joke! As long as the media portrays vets being well taken care of when in fact some days just talking to a vac rep makes me want to throw myself in front of a first place semi in a semi race. Don't get me wrong, if it wasn't for there little earnings loss benefit I'd have nothing and most likely have checked out by now. BUT frankly they can take there condescending tones and godly self ritious undertones and ques and shove it up there ***. I signed an open ended cheque up to and including my life when my piss ant case manager would not. Am I all deserving? No! Do I deserve more or better service than the next brother in line?? Absolutely ******* not!! But as vets I think we have earned the right to be treated like an adult! Not a ******* 5 year old BEGGING for a cookie!! NAVY OUT


I understand your frustration but are you ok? Sound like life is kicking you in the add right now. VAC is frustrating but hang in there, it will eventually get better. If you need to chat with someone and your friends/family aren't there for you shit me a PM or reachout to one of the options listed here.

https://vtncanada.org/resources/

Don't let despair win.
 
Top