• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC Return to Lifetime Pensions Discussion

upandatom said:
Anyone see the Post on FB,
It says,
"Pension for Life will come into effect soon. If you receive a Career Impact Allowance, you will get a phone call from a Veterans Affairs Canada before 1 April 2019. We’ll discuss how the transition to the Additional Pain and Suffering Compensation will work for you and answer any questions you may have. Read more about the new benefit here: http://ow.ly/n5ID30ndS2q"

So we may have more information in the coming months,

So the one benefit that is the simplest is the one there going to call people about? I have a feeling most are going to be like ya that's great but what about the pension part?

Teager said:
So the one benefit that is the simplest is the one there going to call people about? I have a feeling most are going to be like ya that's great but what about the pension part?

I’m not sure it’s the simplest one odd enough. It seems to be the most misunderstood, even by VAC personnel.

I think they are going to get bombarded with questions about what people really want to know, and to be safe won’t answer, they will pawn it off on another member to call people back

, I won’t be 100% surprised if they make it a lump sum on some vote buying scheme for the Liberals.

If you haven't seen Bird box might not make much sense.

Attachments

• 2qlw2t.jpg
    2qlw2t.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 246
Fresh off the VAC FB Page

If you have already received a DA, you may receive an additional monthly amount payment through Pension for Life. We will be sending out notices through My VAC Account and letters by mail to Veterans starting January 15th.

More information: http://ow.ly/s5Aq30ngDoL

Looks like no lump sum. There's going to be a lot of complaining.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

meni0n said:
Looks like no lump sum. There's going to be a lot of complaining.

If only people read what was on VACs site where it said monthly. I get some misinformed VAC employees lead some astray but there was never any mention of a lump sum for those that already received a DA in writing.

Because I asked 4 different times and every time the answer was the lump sum would be an option and also you would think they won't be so daft to degrade people by paying them 15 or 30$ a month and have some common sense but I guess it's VAC we're talking about.

meni0n said:
Because I asked 4 different times and every time the answer was the lump sum would be an option and also you would think they won't be so daft to degrade people by paying them 15 or 30$ a month and have some common sense but I guess it's VAC we're talking about.

They have sent cheques to people for 1 cent so it's not to surprising that they give people $20 a month.

Teager said:
They have sent cheques to people for 1 cent so it's not to surprising that they give people $20 a month.

My CM has stated that some people, due to the timing of their claims, their age, are likely to expect some where between $5/10

I have also heard wind of a group of lawyers already preparing a class action if the don’t offer it, I’ll dig it up and post.

Are you looking for an estimate of what you may receive for an additional monthly amount come 1 April 2019?

Good news – sign in to your My VAC Account or check your mail beginning January 15 for an estimate of your additional monthly amount.

More information: http://ow.ly/cwyc30niVqw

They keep repeating this trying to make us all excited and maybe forget how they're going to screw people. Can't wait.

meni0n said:
They keep repeating this trying to make us all excited and maybe forget how they're going to screw people. Can't wait.

Agreed,
Its funny I had a notice that i had new mail in VAC,
So i checked, and I noticed at the top it said

"You may experience issues on JAnuary 15th signing in, we expect high volumes of traffic"
HA

The letter was in there, it was exactly as expected. The spreadsheet was correct with the amount.

upandatom said:
The letter was in there, it was exactly as expected. The spreadsheet was correct with the amount.

Did they give you one amount or a range?

Teager said:
Did they give you one amount or a range?

I got a range with a difference of $24.99 between the high and low end...as well as several statements to the effect that I might not be eligible, I won't know until April 1 2019; the monthly option, should I be eligible, might be different come April 1, and if I am eligible I will receive payments beginning in April.

Sounds very iffy to me , a good set up for April fools. Don't know how they don't know if you'll get it or not. y sent out an email or letter if they cant give you a straight up answer......

Back