• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Biden 2 - Vote Hard with a Vengence

kkwd

Reaction score
Trump's VP pick will occur in about 2 hours. Prepare for fun and frivolity in this odd pursuit called politics.

I was expecting fun and frivolity but not gallows humour.
episode 1 death GIF

VP pick is JD Vance.
I saw that earlier and was surprised as Fmr President Trump notoriously hates facial hair and views folks with beards like hippies. Vances issue was that he looks like a baby without his beard, and wouldn’t get taken seriously.

It’s gonna be fun seeing a bunch of Democrat aligned campaign ads highlighting Vance’s rather strong words against Trump in the past. He was not very kind to him previously.

It’s gonna be fun seeing a bunch of Democrat aligned campaign ads highlighting Vance’s rather strong words against Trump in the past. He was not very kind to him previously.
Yes, but I don’t think it’ll change the vote much.

Most of his base won’t change their vote regardless of what Trump has done, while the swing voters won’t be swayed by “GOP’s VP pick doesn’t actually like Trump”.

Yes, but I don’t think it’ll change the vote much.

Most of his base won’t change their vote regardless of what Trump has done, while the swing voters won’t be swayed by “GOP’s VP pick doesn’t actually like Trump”.
No, certainly. I don’t think VP choice has a great impact.

It’s an interesting contrast. JDV is what? 40 I think. It at least sets them up for a younger candidate next time around.

It’s an interesting contrast. JDV is what? 40 I think. It at least sets them up for a younger candidate next time around.

He’s apparently one of the biggest voices in the “hang Ukraine out to dry” camp, so that sucks.

He’s apparently one of the biggest voices in the “hang Ukraine out to dry” camp, so that sucks.
My suspicion is that he has no compunctions about changing his mind.

80s 1980s GIF

“We have always been at war with Eastasia”​

Biden, Pence, and Harris all seemed like lame duck VPs that didn't do anything. Harris in particular is terrible; she sounds like she's had a stroke half the time she speaks.

Maybe Vance will actually do something.

Biden, Pence, and Harris all seemed like lame duck VPs that didn't do anything. Harris in particular is terrible; she sounds like she's had a stroke half the time she speaks.

Maybe Vance will actually do something.
I would state that Pence started handling the pandemic response quite well until the POTUS a move him away from that to take over.

If Vance is going to be a presidential hopeful they should give him the reigns on some stuff.

Last edited:
The President of the Teamsters union Sean O'Brien was interviewed at the RNC and said Vance helped them with all their concerns during his time in the Senate. He asked to attend both the RNC and DNC but has yet to hear back from the Democrats.
Here is an interview with O'Brien on Fox News about the ways Vance helped the union. The relevant part starts at abut 5:44 in the video.
Fox Video Link

This puts to bed the notion that Trump only appoints sycophants. Appears he is willing to work across differences.

With RNC picking their ticket today and DNC convention in less than 30 days, figured it was time enough to separate the election talk away from the "US is a shitshow" thread. Please feel free to throw your polls, predictions, and wild guesses here as we creep closer to November 2024.

- Milnet.ca Staff

Back