• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishbone Jones said:
I never said that. His wrong doesn't make Biden's right.

Biden agreed to a promise, to America, on live TV during a debate and then totally reneged with a 180° turnabout.

Trump was being his bombastic self, as people expected. It happened after Biden broke his promise to America and shouldn't be used as an excuse to deflect or absolve Biden's  behaviour.

This is a pretty dumb argument; they don't have enough time to wait until the official determination to get ready to take the reigns. It's pretty common in any modern election to declare who the victor is based on projections; in the US election case it's not even close. This is picking on a technicality between the election being called and the official certification six weeks later, and not how the world effectively works.

If it was neck and neck and down to some recounts, then sure, both sides should wait out. In this case he was ahead by 4 million votes, projected to win the electoral college handily, and the incumbent was being a knobhead and calling an election that he was losing.

Imagine if back in November 2016 Clinton had withheld her concession to Trump, as he is doing now...with Biden having an even larger margin of winning votes AND 5M+ more votes than Trump.  Clinton would have been vilified even more than she was....’how dare she question the will of the people?!?’

::)

If ‘wait until 14 Dec’, so be it, but it will come at an incredible cost to America as Trump continues with his flush of anyone who isn’t a 100% pledged loyal follower. SECDEF will not be the last dying grasp to lash out to those whom Trump feels have personally betrayed him...

SupersonicMax said:
I am pretty sure Trump declared victory well before Biden.  He declared it on 4 Nov at 2 AM, well before any MSM called the election.

You can’t expect someone to keep a promise when the other side is blatantly doing the opposite...

I may be wrong about who came first. I'll concede that.

So by your statement, two wrongs make a right? Someone else doing wrong does not give another party permission to do wrong also. Especially if it ruins your credibility, that's  just stupid.

"When they go low, we go high." Is that just another democrat slogan that can be turned on and off,
as the situation dictates?

Navy_Pete said:
This is a pretty dumb argument; they don't have enough time to wait until the official determination to get ready to take the reigns. It's pretty common in any modern election to declare who the victor is based on projections; in the US election case it's not even close. This is picking on a technicality between the election being called and the official certification six weeks later, and not how the world effectively works.

If it was neck and neck and down to some recounts, then sure, both sides should wait out. In this case he was ahead by 4 million votes, projected to win the electoral college handily, and the incumbent was being a knobhead and calling an election that he was losing.

Thanks for your interesting opinion. Personally, I disagree, but not enough to spend time sifting through the flyshit/ pepper nuances.

Good2Golf said:
Imagine if back in November 2016 Clinton had withheld her concession to Trump, as he is doing now...with Biden having an even larger margin of winning votes AND 5M+ more votes than Trump.  Clinton would have been vilified even more than she was....’how dare she question the will of the people?!?’

If ‘wait until 14 Dec’, so be it, but it will come at an incredible cost to America as Trump continues with his flush of anyone who isn’t a 100% pledged loyal follower. SECDEF will not be the last dying grasp to lash out to those whom Trump feels have personally betrayed him...
She didn't have to. They had already started their coup before the election and were firm in their belief they could railroad Trump out of office. Then they spent the next four years trying to make it come true.
Of course, if Trump does officially lose people will condemn him for carping how the election was stolen, probably for a few years.
Just like Clinton is still continuing to do about her loss.

Ralph said:
What coup are you talking about?
The Steele dossier, wiretaps, false FISA warrants, Comey admitting leaking sensitive and false narratives to the MSM, the false Russian collusion accusations...............ad nauseum.
They attempted to unseat a sitting president, unlawfully. I consider that a coup.

Remius said:
Yep.  Georgia has officially flipped in his favour.  He has 306.  Trump said that number last time was a landslide.  I disagreed then and I do now but according to him and his followers that is what it is.

Good2Golf said:

Trump did however, win the Trifecta. He was the first U.S. president to be elected while losing the popular vote*, AND to get impeached, AND then fail to be re-elected as an incumbent.

*Not just once, but twice. Marking seven out of eight straight presidential elections that the Republicans have lost it.

All you folks know the election was over a week a ago, right?

I dont suppose we can just rest a bit until some concrete news comes along? 

Bruce Monkhouse said:
All you folks know the election was over a week a ago, right?

I dont suppose we can just rest a bit until some concrete news comes along? 

Sorry Bruce, I'm sure I've been advocating waiting until all the official wrangling has taken place.

And this thread is getting very close to being locked.  I dont like doing that but if it can't wipe itself then we'll have too.
Thanks for your cooperation.

mariomike said:
Trump did however, win the Trifecta. He was the first U.S. president to be elected while losing the popular vote*, AND to get impeached, AND then fail to be re-elected as an incumbent.

*Not just once, but twice. Marking seven out of eight straight presidential elections that the Republicans have lost it.

That is simply, at this point, a false statement.

Fishbone Jones said:
That is simply, at this point, a false statement.

The votes are all cast, so no it’s not. He has not succeeded in being re-elected, nor is there anything approaching a viable chance that he will be.

Brihard said:
The votes are all cast, so no it’s not. He has not succeeded in being re-elected, nor is there anything approaching a viable chance that he will be.

Yep.  And it looks like the Trump Campaign is dropping their Arizona challenge.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/13/politics/arizona-trump-lawsuit/index.html

I suspect this will happen in every case as they actually have to pony up actual evidence.

Quote from the story:

Earlier, the judge threw out paper and electronic affidavits the Trump campaign collected from voters after Langhofer acknowledged that some of the forms were "spam" and not legitimate voters.
"Let me just clarify," Judge Daniel Kiley said to the Trump attorney. "Your solicitation of witnesses yielded some sworn affidavits that you yourself clearly determined are false and spam, as you phrased it?"

Remius said:
Yep.  And it looks like the Trump Campaign is dropping their Arizona challenge.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/13/politics/arizona-trump-lawsuit/index.html

I suspect this will happen in every case as they actually have to pony up actual evidence.

Pennsylvania as well.

It comes down to accountability. A politician who has lost an election isn’t really accountable for anything that comes out of his mouth. Particularly when he’s trying to disenfranchise enough voters to reverse the result, he has nothing to lose that he hasn’t already lost. He can lie and fabricate to his heart’s content. His lawyers, however, are still subject to professional sanctions on their conduct should they take such falsehoods to the extent of attempting to mislead the courts. Loyalty to a one term president who lost re-election is fickle, and their futures are brighter if they refrain from getting sanctioned or disbarred.

Good2Golf said:
Pennsylvania as well.
I've really stopped keeping track, is that enough tossed/withdrawn lawsuits in enough states to give Biden 270?

Altair said:
I've really stopped keeping track, is that enough tossed/withdrawn lawsuits in enough states to give Biden 270?

Should be, they debate Georgia and Pennsylvania all they want if he took Michigan, Nevada, and Arizona, that would give him 270.

Brihard said:
Votes have been cast. Some illegal. Not all have been counted. Nor has Biden been declared the winner. It's just your opinion.

Going to lock this for the weekend.  Maybe some real news will happen before then and it can be unlocked, but until something substantial happens we all know the score as we each see it right now.

Of course if a breaking story happens just PM a Mod on duty and they can decide to open it and/or just post the article.
Thank you for your cooperation, compared to just about any forum on the internet, this is a haven of sanity.
Bruce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back