• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Unveiling of New CANSOFCOM Dress Uniform

Good Lord!!!!  This has gone too far.......  A completely different uniform from the rest of the military........

This God awful thing even has buttons on the bottom flap pockets.  Bet they have their own regimental buttons as well. 

OK, now I'm breaking into cranky old fart mode.  If many special forces units around the world (esp. in the Commonwealth) seem to be OK with wearing the same dress uniform as the rest of the militiary, is this really necessary?  #MoreButtonsAndBowsInsteadOfOperationalStuff?

Lightguns said:
Good Lord!!!!  This has gone too far.......  A completely different uniform from the rest of the military........

Well they aren't part of the Army and their members aren't career managed by the Army anymore so of course they need a new uniform  ;D

I wonder if the officers will need two different uniforms or will they just rock these all the time?

I'm going to go out on a limb when I say that we've got one of weirdest militaries in the Western World.  By weird, what I mean is we are G7 country but we've got an Armed Forces that does things I'd expect from a Banana Republic.

Humphrey Bogart said:
Well they aren't part of the Army and their members aren't career managed by the Army anymore so of course they need a new uniform  ;D

I wonder if the officers will need two different uniforms or will they just rock these all the time?

I'm going to go out on a limb when I say that we've got one of weirdest militaries in the Western World.  By weird, what I mean is we are G7 country but we've got an Armed Forces that does things I'd expect from a Banana Republic.

Let's go whole hog banana republic:

"Canadian Special Operations Force Regiment( Pierre Trudeau's Own)"

milnews.ca said:
#MoreButtonsAndBowsInsteadOfOperationalStuff?

I may be wrong, but I highly doubt CANSOF pers are short operational stuff that this is taking priority over...

Lightguns said:
Let's go whole hog banana republic:

"Canadian Special Operations Force Regiment( Pierre Trudeau's Own)"

They should have harnessed their inner Don Cherry and made the tunic multicam pattern  ;D

He would definitely chirp them for wearing ballistic eyewear though, we all know visors are for panzies and only frenchies and euros wear them!

594741eb4a25f72bf40a817d42e73135.jpg

Continuing on the topic of Banana Republics I'd like to take your renaming of the Regiment a step further by rechristening their first Direct Action Company as "Sunny Side Up Company".

I've even taken the time to create a new logo for them which they can have velcroed (because sewing is so not cool) on their new multicam tunics:

sunny-side-up_21100583.jpg

DG H&A has issued a decree that this sub-unit will now go by c/s YOLK over the radio.

When will the other functional commands get their own dress uniforms, and what will they look like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47xusWONoAc

PuckChaser said:
I may be wrong, but I highly doubt CANSOF pers are short operational stuff that this is taking priority over...
I would agree, but speaking as a taxpayer, what gets spent on the new zoot-suits doesn't get spent elsewhere, even outside CANSOFCOM.
Humphrey Bogart said:
... I wonder if the officers will need two different uniforms or will they just rock these all the time? ...
I hear any switch of jackets will be cost neutral, so no worries ...

Loachman said:
When will the other functional commands get their own dress uniforms, and what will they look like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47xusWONoAc

I love the skull belt buckle. Nice touch, might be a good choice for our finance or maybe JAG branches? (the "pointy end"  .... of the red pencil)

Is it ironic that our Special Forces will now visibly stand out from the rest of the CF a mile away? Just wondering....

4 buttons down the front?  Better make it 5...

Looks ridiculous.

Loachman said:

Are the DEU worn now by the RCAF, CA and RCN not distinctive enough?  They are, of course, manufactured by the same supplier who now provided CANSOFCOM uniforms, so they must be awesome.

See what just happened there?  Instead of whining about our curent DEU, I just upped it's stature to that of the CANSOF DEU.  [:D

Oh my, that's one sexy rig, almost makes me want to re-up...he said, almost maintaining a straight face. Very US Army circa 1943 ish.  :-X  :boke:

Wait til it is decorated with a red arrow and a SF tab and a Ranger tab and 4 different jump wings and 3 rows of fruit salad on the chest.  You all are gonna want one..........

Kat Stevens said:
... Very US Army circa 1943 ish.  :-X  :boke:
Zackly what they're trying to channel ...

Attachments

• ProposedCANSOFCOMUniform.jpg
    ProposedCANSOFCOMUniform.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 7,149
  • WW2-1ssfuniform-officers.png
    WW2-1ssfuniform-officers.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 6,736
  • WW2-1ssfuniform2-enlisted.png
    WW2-1ssfuniform2-enlisted.png
    64 KB · Views: 2,820
Would this be worn by all CANSOFCOM personnel, or just "army" personnel and not "navy" and "air force"?

Maybe I can make a few bucks cranking out those monkey braid lanyards, tactical macrame is one is one of my hobbies  8)

Kat Stevens said:
Oh my, that's one sexy rig, almost makes me want to re-up...he said, almost maintaining a straight face. Very US Army circa 1943 ish.  :-X  :boke:

Well, if CANSOF can go back (some more) in time...

CGWD-12-portrait.jpg

large_000000.jpg

Back