• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UN Votes Against the US Moving Its Embassy to Jerusalem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved this over to the Global Politics subforum, as despite the security implications of Palestinian riots, its more of a foreign policy/political debate especially when the current US president is involved.

Til Valhall said:
I suppose the rapture is an integral part of the ongoing "peace" strategy for this administration.

From a religious standpoint, the religious tribalism of the region is the telling point, on both sides, that ensures that no real lasting peace is on the horizon. That's why Arab/Islamic states (since they're not the same thing) always seem to support Palestine (though many have low opinions of Palestinians, fun fact) and Jewish people in the various diaspora's support Israel. Neither side allows any criticism of their perspective Tribe.

From the Jewish side, zionism is absolutely tied to Judaism as dictated in Exodus 23:31-32, "I will establish your borders from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean Sea, and from the desert to the Euphrates River. I will give into your hands the people who live in the land, and you will drive them out before you. Do not make a covenant with them or with their gods". Deuteronomy 1:8 goes on to state, "See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land the Lord swore he would give to your fathers- to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - and to their descendents after them". Genesis 15:18-21 further goes on to state, "On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram and said, “To your descendants I give this land, from the Wadi[a] of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates— the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites,  Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites.” Unsurprisingly, this land entitlement given by god includes all of modern day Israel (Canaanites, Perizzites) and large swathes of Iraq, Jordan/West Bank (Amorites), and Lebanon.

From the Arab side the Quran 5:51 states, "O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you- then indeed, he is of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing of people". The Hadith of the Gharqad, which is used by Hamas in their charter, explicitely states to kill Jews.

Religion is a key part of the problem- Many see the bible and Quran as the expression of god's will, which is a powerful thing.

The problem with your logic is that Israel is currently ruled by moderates, who only seek the right to exist and to keep the borders they won after being invaded. Its not like they've taken away the rights of Muslims or Christians to vote, or seek to expand to the Euphrates as the scripture states. Syria, Iran, Lebanon and Palestine all seek the destruction of the Jews in the Middle East. The problem with religion is the one that declares other religions as enemies.

Bird_Gunner45 said:
Religion is a key part of the problem- Many see the bible and Quran as the expression of god's will, which is a powerful thing.

It's too bad that the Jewish religion and ethnicity are seen to be so entwined. Kind of like the silly way some regressive liberals equate criticism of Islam to racism. Islam is of course a multi-racial religion. As are the Jews throughout history as we can see now with DNA analysis.

Often times, I see many of the Jews in the US and Europe as the political and philosophical voice of reason.

What I see is Trump reducing the jihadi muslim influence throughout the world.

Everyone is always acceding to them because they don't want to offend or become involved in their jihad. There isn't any doubt that the jihadists welcome the extra power.

Trump has simply told them there are other paths we can take, without orders from a caliphate. He's basically said that he'll do what he thinks is right for America, and he has others signing on to the strategy. He's taken some massive finances away from them, that they've used to embolden and finance their jihad. He's told the muslim heavy UN that the US isn't playing their globalist game and to ensure the message hits home, he dropped US contributions, this year by over 200 million. From what I can tell, it's simply a starting point, with more money about to be withheld in the future. Hopefully, those that back Trump will also start withholding funds.

And he's right in his decision, IMO. Why give money, through the UN, to people that want to hurt the US? Taking names and kicking ass is an apt description. We'll help you, directly from the US government, if you're on our side. If your plan is to destroy us, you get nothing.

I'm interested in seeing if starving the UN of funds has an effect.

My opinion and :2c:

So why is the UN concerned about where Israel has it's embassy? Shouldn't they be busy solving the Yemen conflict, the Durand line issue, the Rohingya crisis, stopping the Syrian conflict, Sudan conflict, Kashmir, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back