• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ukraine - Superthread

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
. . . God forbid I don't want an escalation because the first place that would be hit is where all my family still lives? Easy to talk when you are 7k miles away.

Interesting (but understandable) that you are concerned for the safety of your extended family, but seemed to have less concern (perhaps even disdain) for the safety of aged family members of others during the earlier stages of the pandemic. So yes, it is easy for others to talk when they don't care about your family.

War = Do we sacrifice young to possibly stop greater harm?
Covid = Do we sacrifice the old and feeble to possible stop greater harm?

Or, do we accept that some who live in that area will die due to necessary military action to unseat a greater threat to the world. It is to be expected (based on history) that they are just so much "dry tinder" long waiting for another war to come along.

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
... I was a kid growing up we did have Russian tanks on our streets, can you say the same. God forbid I don't want an escalation because the first place that would be hit is where all my family still lives? ...
Agree or disagree with you, best of luck with family back in the old country - hoping they remain safe.

KevinB

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Reaction score
Umm ... there's an arrow on the Russian invasion map that goes into Moldova.
Yeah - and some other stuff on the Defense ORBAT...

Either very careless of the Russians to telegraph their full intent of USSR 2.0
OR a planned leak

If planned leak why
1) Warn NATO by threat (and fairly empty at this point)
2) Warn the World that Vlad needs to go.

HiTechComms

Reaction score
Interesting (but understandable) that you are concerned for the safety of your extended family, but seemed to have less concern (perhaps even disdain) for the safety of aged family members of others during the earlier stages of the pandemic. So yes, it is easy for others to talk when they don't care about your family.

Or, do we accept that some who live in that area will die due to necessary military action to unseat a greater threat to the world. It is to be expected (based on history) that they are just so much "dry tinder" long waiting for another war to come along.

Ukraine has forbidden fighting age men from leaving. So yeah they are sacrificing.

Am I of another Nation willing to sacrifice my own blood or possible the REST OF THE WORLD because a regional conflict with a super power is happening? Hello No. Hopefully world leaders will see it the same way. Nuclear war is the end of the human species as we know it. Economic and social pressure is the only way this ends in a way where human race survives. Push comes to shove I don't doubt Russian would launch Nukes.

Nuclear war VS Covid aka the Cold. Funny enough no one talks about it any more. Its like every ones Focus has been purposely shifted from failed policies.

FYI I had 5 family members die in the last 2 years due to old age that I couldn't visit. I had my share of sacrifices. What about you? I also financially took care of them as well.

Do you even care how this country is now unaffordable for your kids?

Comparing Covid to Nuclear War.. Yeah Nope.. There is something wrong with you.

Kirkhill

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Every World War villain needs its bumbling oaf of an ally.

Lukashenko is Putin's Mussolini.

Or, should we give Lukashenko a bit of credit?

How do I get out of this situation without getting a bullet in the brain from Vlad?

Go public?

rmc_wannabe

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Or, should we give Lukashenko a bit of credit?

How do I get out of this situation without getting a bullet in the brain from Vlad?

Go public?

Better than being turned into a fruit bat by your populace, after millions of dead and your cities reduced to rubble.

1646163579033.png