• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ukraine - Superthread

Good2Golf

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
One thought I am having on this, the Ukrainian Government and forces are most likely getting the best ISR information that a defending country has ever received on a minute by minute basis. I bet they know more about the Russian force than the generals in Moscow. Between the airborne, space and other assets deplored by everyone other than Russia the data stream must be huge. Has a leader in war ever had some much? They are receiving billions of dollars worth of data. I would think it is less the fog of war and more the data overload. The most pain full part is knowing but not being able to hit back because the lack of firepower.
User JSTARS: ♥️ your comment.

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
Not with the NDP in Charge it will not. Also Trans-mountain is not the only pipeline from Alberta. Enbridge has its own pipelines which most people don't know about. https://www.capp.ca/wp-content/uplo...ne-and-Refinery-Map-LARGE-fo-linking-only.jpg

LNG is also not considered crude, they have their own legislation.
Quite different tech. Canada had a Duopoly on this for the longest time. Enbridge = OIL, TC = GAS. Both have been competing against each other but on the most part its been 75% -25% split of product management and vice versa.

I will not hold my breath in regards to any energy projects after this fed government.
I used to review all the BC pipelines under the NWPA and NEBA 108 & 109

HiTechComms

Reaction score
I used to review all the BC pipelines under the NWPA and NEBA 108 & 109
Every province has its own legislation and as well as the Feds. Its a legal nightmare. I am kind a glad I am out cause it was like banging your head against the wall. It did pay well, golden handcuffs. It was nice to have nice fat budgets for a while.

ueo

Subscriber
Reaction score
Don't forget the "unconventional" weapons available to them. Vlad's equivalents to Saddam's torching the Kuwaiti oilfields and creating a toxic cloud.

Fighting the HAZMAT battle.
That as well!

TacticalTea

Reaction score
Psy Ops fail…
This is the funniest shit I've seen.

Someone used this meme to summarize the incident:

1646077758609.png

In other news:

We are still seeing reports coming up of Turkey closing the Bosphorus, but I have yet to see a direct source, so I continue to assume journalists are just not doing their job, as usual. Will track closely.

China at the UN: Boring diversions about NATO vs RUS interests, but also interesting comments about sovereignty and territorial integrity, in line with their interests in Taiwan.

Spencer100

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Slovakian scrap metal deals are on the raise

Reported last night that a few shipments of aluminum, kerosene, rubber, glass and electronics have be purchased by some guys in sunglasses and jumpsuits with special easy credit financing. Also reported the piles of materials are pointy at one end and may or may not have flown away.

Rifleman62

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Extract: Former Secretary of State John Kerry has been ripped for expressing hope that Vladimir Putin would “stay on track” in the fight against climate change in an interview that aired on the day the Russian strongman unleashed the invasion of Ukraine. Kerry, President Biden’s climate czar, made the comment during an interview Monday on BBC Arabic, Fox News reported, citing the Middle East Media Research Institute.

The interview aired Wednesday, the day Russian forces attacked Ukraine across several fronts. “I’m concerned about Ukraine because of the people of Ukraine and because of the principles that are at risk, in terms of international law and trying to change boundaries of international law by force,” Kerry reportedly said. “I thought we lived in a world that had said no to that kind of activity. And I hope diplomacy will win.

“But it could have a profound negative impact on the climate, obviously. You have a war and obviously you’re going to have massive emissions consequences to the war,” he said.

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Relic
Reaction score
Extract: Former Secretary of State John Kerry has been ripped for expressing hope that Vladimir Putin would “stay on track” in the fight against climate change in an interview that aired on the day the Russian strongman unleashed the invasion of Ukraine. Kerry, President Biden’s climate czar, made the comment during an interview Monday on BBC Arabic, Fox News reported, citing the Middle East Media Research Institute.

The interview aired Wednesday, the day Russian forces attacked Ukraine across several fronts. “I’m concerned about Ukraine because of the people of Ukraine and because of the principles that are at risk, in terms of international law and trying to change boundaries of international law by force,” Kerry reportedly said. “I thought we lived in a world that had said no to that kind of activity. And I hope diplomacy will win.

“But it could have a profound negative impact on the climate, obviously. You have a war and obviously you’re going to have massive emissions consequences to the war,” he said.

Nervous Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Spencer100

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score

I am sure this was the first thought of some others in Ottawa too.

Also some people will be very upset if people start talking pipelines and energy independence. That is not supposed to be on the agenda.

Kirkhill

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
And BC is officially a LNG Loser, sadly:

BC Looks like an LNG Loser: Report​

Prospects have been battered by global competition, volatility, delays and cost overruns.​

Zoë Yunker is a Vancouver-based journalist writing about energy and environment politics. She works with The Tyee as a Tula Foundation Immersive Journalism fellow.

Once touted as an economic powerhouse, the liquified natural gas industry is on the rocks, according to a worldwide survey of LNG terminals from the Global Energy Monitor, a non-profit research group responding to climate change.

Applications are now open for the six-month Tula Immersion Journalism Fellowship at The Tyee.

LNG terminals are among the largest capital projects attempted in modern industry, costing up to $30 billion per project. Gas is extracted from underground deposits, piped to LNG plants where it is compressed by cooling to liquid form, loaded onto ships and transported to other markets.

“The sheer size of the projects has exposed investors to catastrophic losses,” said Lydia Plante, lead author of the just-released report.
The survey found that planned projects representing 38 per cent of global export capacity are facing delayed final investment decisions and other serious holdups. Cost overruns are common.

Canadian LNG is particularly bad off, Ted Nace, executive director of the Global Energy Monitor, told The Tyee. “The problem with the Canadian LNG expansion is that it’s especially vulnerable because Canada is a high-cost producer on a world basis.”

That’s because Canada plans to produce its LNG from fracking — an energy and capital-intensive process to access gas hidden deep inside shale rock.

Canadian LNG comes up short on the global market, said Nace, particularly when it competes against countries where conventional gas sources make LNG cheaper to produce.

And global competition is only getting fiercer. Qatar and Russia, for example, have vast supplies of cheap natural gas. “These super low cost producers,” said Nace, “are not giving up market share without a fight.”

As my father once said - Anything is possible if cash.

You can burn anything. You can eat dam near anything.

Farmaceuticals - Food - Fodder - Feed - Fertilizer - Fuel

You can burn diamonds if you want. You can make green vegetarian food from chemicals if you have enough energy. You can even make the energy from clean burning manufactured diamonds.

Again anything is possible if cash.

Or you can howk a chunk of coal out the ground and apply a match.

Capturing the CO2 and using it in your greenhouse to grow tomatoes for your table and duckweed for your cattle is also an option. One cheaper than than making and burning diamonds.

HiTechComms

Reaction score

Yeah well we take our National Security Energy advice from a Screeching 13 year old girl. Politicians exist in a universe of their own making.

Last edited:

Czech_pivo

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Another example of their failure at Logistics.

In the resort town of Berdyansk, on the shore of the Azov Sea, residents described the soldiers who captured their town Sunday as exhausted young conscripts.

"Frightened kids, frightened looks. They want to eat," Konstantin Maloletka, who runs a small shop, said by telephone.

The soldiers went into a supermarket and grabbed canned meat, vodka and cigarettes. "They ate right in the store," he said. "It looked like they haven't been fed in recent days.

HiTechComms

Reaction score
This is the funniest shit I've seen.

Someone used this meme to summarize the incident:

View attachment 69082

In other news:

We are still seeing reports coming up of Turkey closing the Bosphorus, but I have yet to see a direct source, so I continue to assume journalists are just not doing their job, as usual. Will track closely.

China at the UN: Boring diversions about NATO vs RUS interests, but also interesting comments about sovereignty and territorial integrity, in line with their interests in Taiwan.
Follow F.A.T.E

Focus
Authority
Tribe
Emotions

Keys to controlling through propaganda. Sometimes the best course of action is simply to not take a course of action and wait and collect information. Wait till negotiations start.

As for Journalists. You mean pundits and churnalists.

We know our media is corrupt
We've been told Russian media is corrupt by our media
We also know that Russian media is corrupt

I rather like "Trust but Verify"

TacticalTea

Reaction score
UK ports closed to Russian shipping, EU to follow

Why hasn't this happened in Canada yet? Why are we always dead last?
We're an oil producing nation, why hasn't RUS O&G been banned already?

Yes there are consequences, but the consequences to abetting wars of aggression - which we do by financing the RUS military by buying their O&G - are far greater.

Kirkhill

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Another example of their failure at Logistics.

In the resort town of Berdyansk, on the shore of the Azov Sea, residents described the soldiers who captured their town Sunday as exhausted young conscripts.

"Frightened kids, frightened looks. They want to eat," Konstantin Maloletka, who runs a small shop, said by telephone.

The soldiers went into a supermarket and grabbed canned meat, vodka and cigarettes. "They ate right in the store," he said. "It looked like they haven't been fed in recent days.

Question -

Are these kids authorized "Foragers" handing out government scrip (IOUs)? Or are they "Looters" (Private Enterprise)?

Kirkhill

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

FM07

Reaction score
Nothing like breaking the fast with a hearty soviet meal like that. I'm sure they're in dire need of a shot and smoke at this point.