• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

UK Applicant

PongoCadet said:
Also I read somewhere that being a Cadet can lead to a fast tracked promotion? Is that actually a thing in Canada?

You may find this discussion of interest.

Incentive Pay Category For Cadets Joining The CF 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/12946.0
8 pages.
OP: "I recall reading a post where someone said they had never seen anything allowing former Army Cadets to get promoted quicker."

See also,

Army.ca wiki
Cadet Service
https://army.ca/wiki/index.php/Enrolment_Requirements#Cadet_Service
Cadet Service

Former cadets can receive credit towards their next pay incentive in the Militia and Regular Force. Here is what the references have to say:
From CFAO 6-1 -- ENROLMENT - REGULAR FORCE RANK ON ENROLMENT.
Non-Commissioned Members. An applicant for enrolment as an NCM shall be enrolled in the rank of private with the status level of private (recruit) (Pte (R)), except as follows: A former cadet of any of the Canadian cadet organizations who has completed three years as a cadet within the previous five years, during which time the cadet has passed a six-week trade or specialty course, shall be enrolled as Pte (R) and be granted a time credit of 180 days for the purposes of determining the date on which the member will become eligible to be paid the rate of pay prescribed for a private, pay level 1, incentive pay category 1.
Note - For Army cadets, qualification as Master Cadet, and for Air cadets, a flying scholarship or two completed summer camp courses, each of two weeks duration, will be considered equivalent to a six-week trade or specialty course. For Sea cadets, two completed summer camp courses will be considered equivalent to a six-week trade or specialty course.

Army.ca disclaimer
http://army.ca/legal/terms.php
11. Disclaimer of Warranties

It helps if you search for answers to your own questions. I suggest using Google search:  "site:navy.ca [insert question]"

Example:  "site:navy.ca cadets accelerated promotion in military"

The first three results will answer your own question.

kratz said:
It helps if you search for answers to your own questions. I suggest using Google search:  "site:navy.ca [insert question]"

Example:  "site:navy.ca cadets accelerated promotion in military"

The first three results will answer your own question.

I'll be sure to use that way of searching in the future. I didn't search for that question as it was more of a idea that popped up, and would be useful in the comparison of Cadets in Canada and the UK.

Thanks for the tip

You can substitute "Army", or "Milnet" etcetera for "Navy" when using that search method as well, depending upon the particular portal through which you log on.

PongoCadet said:
Cadets, from what I looked into when I was facing the possibility of moving to Vancouver Island

Loachman told you to say that, didn't he?  :'(

daftandbarmy said:
Loachman told you to say that, didn't he?  :'(

I'm assuming thats your neck of the woods.

Nah my family on my Canadian side are all around Victoria and Nanaimo. A fair few were Navy. The others RCMP.

Just to add closure to my presence on this site and this thread;

I have succesfully overturned the Royal Navy's decision that I am unfit to serve, and I am now continuning my application to join the Royal Marines and on track to enter training around this time next year.

Thank you all for the interactions, advice and responses, I hope you all achieve your dreams and have a nice day!

Congratulations and good luck.  :)

Qapla!

Work hard, and push.

Back