• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Missisauga-Lakeshore was still a good result for the Conservatives but if the NDP vote collapses it will not matter

that will probably happen. But in the above riding you see conservative vote go down and the NDP vote collapse to the Liberals

The above riding is 1 of 338. Additionally, forecasting future elections, via By-Election results, are akin to claiming the pimple on my ass is a sign of an impending heart attack.

A full campaign with a full voting electorate to win over is a different game of checkers.

The above riding is 1 of 338. Additionally, forecasting future elections, via By-Election results, are akin to claiming the pimple on my ass is a sign of an impending heart attack.

A full campaign with a full voting electorate to win over is a different game of checkers.
its just interesting data. The only we have and the Conservatives need to win some in the 905 to get a majority unless they take Atlantic Canada and or Quebec

the Conservatives need to win some in the 905 to get a majority unless they take Atlantic Canada and or Quebec
Speaking of Atlantic Canada…. (and Leger isn’t the friendliest polster to the Cons)
E805911A-248A-4994-B3E7-39A3E3A34E84.jpeg

And one wonders why Team Red is quieter in the ‘call an election’ front?

When a Franco-named Westerner is polling two times better than JT in the Maritimes!!!

Well dare b’y, we’s got a development here, eh?

Speaking of Atlantic Canada…. (and Leger isn’t the friendliest polster to the Cons)
View attachment 76123

And one wonders why Team Red is quieter in the ‘call an election’ front?

When a Franco-named Westerner is polling two times better than JT in the Maritimes!!!

Well dare b’y, we’s got a development here, eh?
those are really good numbers and Trudeau would have been a fool in my mind to call another early election

Then they might get someone they could sell as semi-competent.

One would hope. I am honestly disappointed that the knives have stayed sheathed for this long, especially with the number of high profile cabinet members Trudeau has thrown to the wolves in the past 7 years.

I guess MPs have a spine removed prior to taking their Oath of Office.

I also assume that no one else polls as well in QC. And they can’t afford to lose that.

Give it time. La Belle Provence is a fickle populace to try and court. Trudeau has made his fair share of enemies outside of Montreal. I reckon you can only rest on your origins for so long until you're viewed as an outsider.

My money says freeland will replace trudeau.

Not if their insane financial plan plays out as predicted by 'economic adults' like Doge et al...

Chrystia Freeland rejects critical report, says Canada has economic ‘strength’​

Faced with warnings of a possible recession, inflation and still-rising interest rates, the Liberal government sought Tuesday to reassure Canadians it will keep its big-ticket promises as well as get its fiscal house in order.

The Liberals’ ambitious public policy promises include those as-yet-unbudgeted billions in spending to put federal health transfers to provinces on a stable footing, and efforts to decarbonize the economy and tackle climate change.

“Those are significant fiscal pressures,” Freeland acknowledged.

She noted many provinces are also in strong fiscal positions, with several close to or having balanced their budgets.

She suggested that while the federal government respects health care as an area of provincial authority, with that authority comes “responsibility.”

“I think Canadians quite naturally and appropriately expect provinces to use that fiscal capacity to support the health-care systems that all of us depend on.”

But Freeland said the federal government still intends to deliver on campaign promises to boost mental health, home and long-term care, and to recruit more doctors and nurses, and it will not change course on industry subsidies to support the transition to a greener economy.

“This is a once-in-a-generation moment,” said Freeland, “and either Canada’s seizes that opportunity, seizes our share of the new industrial global economy which is being built or we get left behind.”

The finance minister flatly disagreed with and pushed back against a report released Monday by former Bank of Canada governor David Dodge, and Robert Asselin, a former finance policy adviser to the government who is now with the Business Council of Canada.

They wrote that the Liberals’ budget plan is “unlikely” to work, given its evolving, ambitious political promises, higher global interest rates and the “high likelihood of a more severe recession in 2023.” They also pegged a potential $60 billion in additional spending needed to meet the government’s policy goals.

But Freeland insisted Canada enters the coming uncertain period in a “position of strength” with strong labour force participation, the strongest economic growth rate in the G7 in 2022, the lowest deficit and the lowest debt-to-GDP ratio.

She insisted her confidence was not merely a political calculation but was based on an average of forecasts produced by independent private sector economists the government consulted.

Still, many economists are now warning of a significant economic slowdown, if not a recession, in 2023.

She insisted her confidence was not merely a political calculation but was based on an average of forecasts produced by independent private sector economists the government consulted and journalists at the CBC.
I’d believe her if she had actually said this…

Yeah, wow.

Wondered if I might be "out of step" with Canadian voters, so I looked it up.

There's been a lot of elections in my lifetime. My turnout was probably about average. Or, close to it.

Working a steady 12-hour Monday to Friday day schedule, with mandated OT, didn't always make it easy to vote.

I played in the municipal "league", so my batting average was better in local elections.

I have never disrespected PM Harper, Mr. Scheer, Mr. O'Toole, Mr. Poilievre, or PM Trudeau.

Or, their parties.

Except to say, I loathe party politics. Consevative, Liberal or NDP. Does not matter.

I guess that does not make me a "team player".

Whatever level of politics, I vote for the local candidate I feel will best serve our ward.

I looked up the next federal election: 20 Oct., 2025. Will mark it on my calandar!

In between then, I'm not going to obsess over over the candidates, or their teams.
Or, "have a hissy-fit" over who wins or loses the next election. Good luck to all candidates. Thank-you for participating.

I think / hope most Canadians keep an open mind about elections. But, as RangerRay put it,

A couple dozen people with Oppositional Defiance Disorder having a hissy-fit does not a movement make. Those optics are more likely to help than hinder
Trudeau.

I really wonder why you can't vote online at this point. If the system is secure enough to file taxes, it should be secure enough to vote over a period of a few days. Physically showing up to a voting center is so 1990.

Back