• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

A couple dozen people with Oppositional Defiance Disorder having a hissy-fit does not a movement make. Those optics are more likely to help than hinder Trudeau.

If the Tories can make inroads with suburban types and women, and if lefties don’t flock to the Liberals in a panicked “ABC” vote, they might have chance. Until that happens, I am sceptical of their chances.
No offence, dude, but you better take the blinders off. Thats was more than a few dozen, that ain't the only issue Trudeau.

Morneau, has had a bit of telling it like it is with him. And many other of his former MPs. Celina Caesar-Chavvenes had a very scathing rebuke of Justin. People notioce these things. As well as their wallets getting thinner while cost get thicker. People only want to hear Trudeau's BS for so long before its beyond recoverable.

Singh, if he wasn't so incompetent, would be filling the NDP support base big time. But the man is playing the wrong game. He still campaigning against the "big, bad scawy conservatives".

Another interesting tell, I spoke to my parents and a bunch of her friends about politics recently (much to Rick's Mom's chagrin) and was very surprised at how many senior citizen friends of hers who never voted Conservative are now doing so because they are sick of Trudeau and can't trust Singh. And say green party and these folks are like "The what?"

People said Wynne was untouchable. And she took the Ontario Liberals from Majority to a minivan party
I dont remember anyone thinking 2018 wasnt a slam dunk for the Conservatives. Or that the Liberals pulled one out in 2014

You must be psychic.
Nah, just observant. I try to pay attention to what people post (not just today or yesterday, but in general) and like many other things in life, I observe and figure stuff out.

You have read my picking your political post thread and yet, you seem to display the very same non-reasonable poltical sports team backing that warn people to stay away from. I can't guarantee your a liberal or NDP (I supsect you lean more to the NDP based on your civy employment experience), but you are vehemntly anti-conservative, especially Pierre.

What specifically in his platform do you have an issue with?

Nah, just observant. I try to pay attention to what people post (not just today or yesterday, but in general) and like many other things in life, I observe and figure stuff out.

You have read my picking your political post thread and yet, you seem to display the very same non-reasonable poltical sports team backing that warn people to stay away from. I can't guarantee your a liberal or NDP (I supsect you lean more to the NDP based on your civy employment experience), but you are vehemntly anti-conservative, especially Pierre.

What specifically in his platform do you have an issue with?

Nothing at all for or against any of them. I just don't like people on the internet telling me what to do. Nothing personal, Rick.

It seems personal with you.

I dont remember anyone thinking 2018 wasnt a slam dunk for the Conservatives. Or that the Liberals pulled one out in 2014
2014 was the election that was up to Hudak to win or lose as many of the political columnist said, and he said (if memory serves) something about cutting back on government jobs. Wynne ran with it and clobbered his arse.

I spoke to many people in 2018 (yes, I am shit disturber) election and many people (the similar types who re-assure me Trudeau is staying for the next election and beyond) were the same crowd saying Wynne was going to win maybe she would get unlucky and only get a minority government. And this after the Ontario Conservatives went through a controversial leadership coup with Patrick Brown being smeared on false accusations and run out of the party. Such political disaster should have ended the Conservative party chance of thinking of forming the government but yet, they did. On a landslide. They did so because people were FED UP with Wynne.

Nothing at all for or against any of them. I just don't like people on the internet telling me what to do. Nothing personal, Rick.

It seems personal with you.
Its not. Your not my sister who hit with me a toaster over political differences.

But very telling. Can't articulate WHY you won't support Pierre (hay thats cool, do what you want), but keep backing the wrong horse and that horse is going to kick you in the ass. When you least need it to.

the results from the recent by election in Mississauga-Lakeshore may or may not be indicative of the next election or not 2 years is a long way out
Indicative in what way? That the LPC will continue to demonize lawful gun owners in Canada while downplaying a desire to resolve gun violence in Canada? 🤔

Indicative in what way? That the LPC will continue to demonize lawful gun owners
In Canada while downplaying a desire to resolve gun violence in Canada? 🤔
that will probably happen. But in the above riding you see conservative vote go down and the NDP vote collapse to the Liberals

that will probably happen. But in the above riding you see conservative vote go down and the NDP vote collapse to the Liberals
Have you done a root cause analysis?

I’m quite willing to wager a Timmies XL double-double that the LPC, with 10-months of planning time, did a pretty good Estimate/Appreciation/Mission Analysis and figured that it was worth the investment to pour a heap of effort into a race against a LEO who had worked to eradicate gang warfare from the streets of Toronto…keeps the evil specter of guns in play and supports a large share of the LPC’s narrative over a CPC government.

Back