• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Travel Options, Getting from Port Elgin to Trenton

Brasidas

Inactive
Reaction score
Good news: my family got a service flight from Trenton to europe, although we needed to divert to my inlaws place in Port Elgin when we didn't get our first choice of flight.

I need to get two adults and two kids from the Bruce Penninsula to Trenton.

Anyone have options they'd care to chime in on?

Here's what I'm tracking:

1)
Get a ride from family as far as Guelph, catch a via train to Toronto/Union, then another to Trenton.

2)
Rent a car, paying a (probably hefty) drop fre

3)
Try to take some sort of bus, perhaps an airport shuttle out of Owen Sound.

Anyone have experience along these lines?

I'm reaching out to try to figure out transient quarters, if available, in Trenton tomorrow.

There is a bus from Port Elgin to Toronto Pearson Airport — from the airport you’d then take the UP express to Union Station, then VIA. But the bus doesn't run very often, or even every day,

But of all the options you’ve explained, I’d go with a rental car, even with the one way fee it might be comparable in cost to 4 train tickets (possibly enlist a family member as driver to then return it in Bruce, saving the one way fee, although doubling gas). If not, VIA rail from Guelph Is simple.

I'm reaching out to try to figure out transient quarters, if available, in Trenton tomorrow.
Be advised that due to the strike a lot of bases currently are not offering transient quarters for non-operational stays.

It's been a while since I was involved in the industry but there are a few van shuttle services to Pearson, then take the UPX down to Union and catch the train (assuming it stops in Trenton). If I recall, 'Robert Q' covers the Grey/Bruce/Huron area, 'Red Car' covers Wellington (Guelph) and I see there is now 'GreyBruce Airbus'.

I don't know the VIA schedules but you might be able to catch the train in Guelph (or London) but I doubt there is much coordination and you'd probably have a layover at Union.

Good news: my family got a service flight from Trenton to europe, although we needed to divert to my inlaws place in Port Elgin when we didn't get our first choice of flight.

I need to get two adults and two kids from the Bruce Penninsula to Trenton.

Anyone have options they'd care to chime in on?

Here's what I'm tracking:

1)
Get a ride from family as far as Guelph, catch a via train to Toronto/Union, then another to Trenton.

2)
Rent a car, paying a (probably hefty) drop fre

3)
Try to take some sort of bus, perhaps an airport shuttle out of Owen Sound.

Anyone have experience along these lines?

Rent a van from UHaul. Cheap daily rate and you can drop it at any other UHaul.

Back