• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford Nation is venting it's spleen in the comments section of the story.  ;D. Fun to read the meltdowns.

>  the new thriller film 'Run This Town'.

"Run this town"? Not really. They couldn't fire Rob. Because, unlike an employee, he could not be fired. He was a politician.

So, they took his power and gave it to Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly. Norm Kelly was really the unsung hero of the 2010-2014 era. Rob's only term as mayor. Rob got the headlines, and the Kimmel show. But, Norm ran this town.
That's Rob and Norm ( back to camera ) in the attached pic.

jollyjacktar said:
Ford Nation is venting it's spleen in the comments section of the story. 

Maybe Ford Nation will make their comeback soon, and "Run this province"? :)

Deja vu all over again.  :)

Attachments

• robnorm.png
    robnorm.png
    334.7 KB · Views: 310
mariomike said:
>  the new thriller film 'Run This Town'.
Maybe Ford Nation will make their comeback soon, and "Run this province"? :)

Deja vu all over again.  :)

The next few months will be interesting, that's for sure.  :nod:

I'm looking forward to the re-enactment of the Steak Queen video in the upcoming bio-pic,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqUhMm9V5Yg

This is Ward 2, baby!  :)

C**ksuckers. Fuckin’ Chief Blair and them all. Cha, man. They chase me around for five months, man. Bumbaclot man. I said, me and him, ya raasclat bumbaclot.

Leave me alone, man. They got five months man, and then trying to tell me ‘well, we’re counter-surveilling the guy.’ You know what I mean? He’s hiding here, I’m’a hide here. I’m’a—oh, we don’t—f*ck off.

You know how much money that costs, man? I said bro, just cut something, ‘no man, no money man.’ Cha. Ah, Bumbaclot, man. I said ‘you know what? You raasclat, bumbaclot. I swear to God, man, honestly man. Serious shit, man. Serious shit, bro.

Who goes into THC? Who’s going into Jamestown, Jane and Finch and then Malvern on the—them fucks—you know what I see, manbro? Shit like … null

END QUOTE

Photos of Damien Lewis all done up as Rob Ford here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5652477/Damian-Lewis-UNRECOGNIZABLE-Rob-Ford.html

Rob was a character who, if he did not exist, could not be imagined.

The cartoon war in Radio Chatter reminded me of the political process for removal of power here in Canada.

eg: There was a lack of confidence in the ability to govern - especially during a state of emergency - of the mayor of Canada's largest city a few years ago.

He wasn't an employee, so he couldn't be fired. There had to be a vote.

Fortunately, the vote was non-partisan. So, party politics were not a factor. The vote passed almost unanimously.

To say the individual was displeased would be an understatement.

Not sure if there are any other examples of removal of power to govern during a state of emergency - while keeping the individual on the payroll and political figurehead - have happened anywhere else in Canada.

Edit grammar.

Darn.

I saw the title of the thread and for a second thought it was going to about the crystal chamber found in Superman's fortress of solitude that shoots red sun radiation to remove powers.

oh well... 

Remius said:
I saw the title of the thread and for a second thought it was going to about the crystal chamber found in Superman's fortress of solitude that shoots red sun radiation to remove powers.

Not Superman. More like Captain Queeg.  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back