• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tools

marinemech

Inactive
Reaction score
This may or may not be in the proper location, but i consider it training

does anyone know the quality of tools that the Mechanics on hand, i would expect it would be somewhere between Mastercraft and snap-on.

marinemech said:
This may or may not be in the proper location, but i consider it training

does anyone know the quality of tools that the Mechanics on hand, i would expect it would be somewhere between Mastercraft and snap-on.

Tools could be Mastercraft, Snap-on, Proto or whatever else is supplied at that time to the military. Don't worry you'll have quality tools to use, once you are trained to use them.

my current tool box for my current job is a mess of brands, mastercraft, gearwrench, snapon, sktools, IR, plus a few home made tools for those interesting jobs. i was just kind curios on what we had to work with

You'll find that you will work with, and alongside, a fair selection of tools. >:D
Seriously though, since the MSE department are responsible for purchasing their own tools, it'll be
whatever was in the sale flyer for Crappy Tire, Sears or H of T.

Either way you'll be better served than when tool boxes where issued to junior mechs.  That used to consist of a bent flat tip screwdriver, over sized crescent wrench and a broken packing puller.

Your tools will be as good as those in any repair shop. What you don't have or is not available, you will make.

Advice however: One step at a time. Your main tool your first year on ship will be something you may not have considered. Remember, sailor first.

Back