• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

time off.

L

lewisg

I will be starting the BOTC in Saint-Jean on Jan 17th. How much time off do you get?  Do we get weekends off?  Do we get Stat holiday's off?  Can you leave the base when ever you want?

Thanks.

Id look into the FAQs and the search function and the Recruiting section for more info...

but short answer is Yes and No.

When you start the course you will be given the course schedule.
You will also have a minimum of 4 weeks where you will be restricted to effectively quarters or classrooms. including weekends.  after that usually you get weekends off, depending on your plt deport. during the week.

Stat holidays can depend, but I know Canada Day is usually a training day.

Canada Day was a training day this past summer, so I can attest to that being true.

Yeah but I got an extra days pay added to my ClassB as a result of Canada Day.

I think we all did.. I could be wrong.

He was probably on Class B like everyone else on ARC this summer.

I believe the policy is, that all CF personell get a days pay added for Stat days, wether they work that day of not, as long as they are working their 2 scheduled days before and after, or at least this is how I understand the labour laws to be..

when training, I am not sure if stat pay would apply, since training could be considered equivelent to probationary status at a regular job, where it is the employer's decision wether or not to pay out stat pay.

ToRN said:
I believe the policy is, that all CF personell get a days pay added for Stat days, wether they work that day of not, as long as they are working their 2 scheduled days before and after, or at least this is how I understand the labour laws to be..

when training, I am not sure if stat pay would apply, since training could be considered equivelent to probationary status at a regular job, where it is the employer's decision wether or not to pay out stat pay.

Nope.  Do not pass go - do not collect $200.  RegF members get the same monthly rate of pay whether they work 20 days or 31 days in the month.  There is no overtime, no day's pay added - nada.  COs can authorize special leave to compensate for a stat hol or weekend worked - or not.  Labour laws do not apply to the CF (thank God!).

Thanks, I knew about the pay thing, it's like being paid on salary, but I wasn't sure about the holiday pay etc.

Also didn't know that the laws to protect the workers didn't apply, thanks for the info.

-Nic

Back